Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines > Rotovac
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

New Shipment of Rotovac 360's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2006 at 4:48pm
The commercial market place is a tough game. Not to say that there is not money to be made in it. You have to know your competition. You have to sepparate yourself from them and offer something different. Easier said than done. It took years for me to realize that. Truck mount to truckmount we are all the same in the commercial cleaning game. Fast drying, no wicking, and appearance is the name of the game. Don't get caught up in what manufacturers tell you. Listen to your customer. I don't mean to preach to the choir but you have to keep your mind open to different cleaning methods and tools.
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
Sponsored Links

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2006 at 5:07pm
Business is so straight forward and simple that people have to create it to be some monster from Hell for a little self gratification of importance.

Treat your business as if you were out on your first date, Present yourself well , Articulate , Be impressive , Think of all the phony crap you're going to tell her/him , lie your ass off about unimportant dribble of useless information , Talk with conviction , End the conversation with pleasantries.......AND HOPE YOU HAVE A SECOND DATE.

You are not selling Carpet Cleaning, Deodorizer, Truckmount Equipment, or anything else...............YOU ARE SELLING YOURSELF..............YOU ARE THE PRODUCT.

You can have a brand new Vortex, offer free Scotchgard, and passes to the next Hockey game............If the customer doesn't Like or Trust you........YOU'RE GONE

NIGHTRIDER
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2006 at 5:29pm
......If the customer doesn't Like or Trust you........YOU'RE GONE

NIGHTRIDER
[/QUOTE]

Very true Jack. This is the essence of all business and personal relationships. Most people do not realize they both work on this very simple principal. Always sell yourself first..........If you can't do that the rest does not matter......If you are a master at this.....the world is yours for the asking.

Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2006 at 5:40pm
So what happened to you Ken?Big smile
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2006 at 5:52pm
So what happened to you Ken?

Hammy: I got enrolled in a crash learning program on this subject the last 3 years. It has been hard on my ego at times, and very hard on my finances, but I am better for it. I was able to learn these lessons even when times got tough because of one simple message I never forgot:

"What does not kill me, only makes me stronger"

and of course my favorite inspirational piece by Ray Kroc, founder of McDonalds titled " Press On". Any body else know it?
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Rampage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rampage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2006 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

Business is so straight forward and simple that people have to create it to be some monster from Hell for a little self gratification of importance.

Treat your business as if you were out on your first date, Present yourself well , Articulate , Be impressive , Think of all the phony crap you're going to tell her/him , lie your ass off about unimportant dribble of useless information , Talk with conviction , End the conversation with pleasantries.......AND HOPE YOU HAVE A SECOND DATE.

You are not selling Carpet Cleaning, Deodorizer, Truckmount Equipment, or anything else...............YOU ARE SELLING YOURSELF..............YOU ARE THE PRODUCT.

You can have a brand new Vortex, offer free Scotchgard, and passes to the next Hockey game............If the customer doesn't Like or Trust you........YOU'RE GONE

NIGHTRIDER
If you cant get a second date try to at least get a bj...Sleepy
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2006 at 6:56pm
Kenny: I do not know you but I do know both sides of your reputation. I make no judgement. I do respect the advise that you give to others. You seem to be in a no win situation. Would I ever do business with you? I would certainly  have to be careful. Not being in the business now for a number of years I wish that your glides were available to try in my hay days. I do not post on the American boards because of censorship but do read them from time to time. You have pissed alot of people off. I take it for what it is. Your dedication to your business and the industry is something to be said. I enjoy your humour and wit. Good luck to you!

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2006 at 7:38pm
Yes, and to think at one time I actually worked at getting some people pissed off. I wanted them to remember me . I succeeded.Now I am one of the best known people in the industry, and no longer try to piss people off. I try to help most people instead. Well, with a couple of exceptions I guess.There are some that I still enjoy getting worked up a bit. Most here know who I am talking about.

Edited by Superglide Ken - 10/November/2006 at 7:43pm
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2006 at 7:49pm
I know who they are, their time will come.
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2006 at 8:04pm
So will they when the time comes.I have another favorite saying:

"You don't play with the Bull unless you want the horns"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123