Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Idea to KEEP this board the #1 board......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Idea to KEEP this board the #1 board......
    Posted: 12/November/2006 at 5:36pm
    As I was going over the memberlist this morning, I was brainstorming for ideas on how we might get the number of people registered here to post more. Even though this board is approching 1000 registered users, less than 3%, or 30 people ever bother to post even 100 posts per year here, and less than 50 have done this even over the 3 years this board has been in existance!

Here is the reason why that is in IMO.In Canada and the USA there are only 4 boards(carpet cleaners boards) that get any amount of serious traffic to them. This one, and the ICS board, John's CCS board, and Micky's board.Now if a poster is going to only post in one of them, guess which ones is he most likely to post?IMO, he is more likely going to post were his message is read by more people thus more likely to get responses to it. He is also more likely to post where his carpet cleaning friends hang out and do their posting.

Now, since approx 90% or better of all posting is done by Americans, the 3 American boards are going to have a traffic advantage(total # of Posters registered) over a Canadian board, because they just have way more posters down there, and until very recently, their boards were indead more active. But not anymore! Several times this week, the amount of both viewers here exceeded what was happening on the other 3 boards and the amount of posting did here too! This shows that it is possible to keep the Kleen Kuip board number #1 if we want this to happen.

I have come up with an idea that has a good chance of making that happen, but I need some feedback to see what you guys think of it. ICS gives out a prize every month to one of the posters that are active on the board there. This is done on a random basis.This is what helps keep their board an active one. My idea is that Kleen Kuip gives a $100 Gift Certificate out every month to the "BEST POST OF THE MONTH". Kleenkuip gets to decide which one that is. To make it fair to Ted, he could specify that it had to be used for a minimum purchase of $400 from his store.This would not cost even a cent to Kleen Kuip, because the increased posters coming here to the board would be buying stuff listed on his website as well. On a net basis, I think Ted would be way ahead.

This would have the immediate effect of causing many of those "lurking" to get registered so that they could post here, and qualify for this prize. Those already registered here would post more, and those that might post on other boards would have a reason to come here instead. Win -Win for everyone!

I am willing to put my money where my mouth is, so for this month of November, I will offer the prize myself of one of my teflon Superglides(value -$119 to $199 US)to the winner of BEST POST OF THE MONTH. If Ted wants to pick it up after that for the Month of December and going forward after that, great! If not, I am prepared to be the sponser myself if you guys think I have a great idea here.

I also think that the "BEST POST OF THE MONTH" should go into it's own section here every month, thus building up a library of top quality posts that would be a resource for all cleaners to read. As this library of posts grew, not only would it bring more people to this board, but the writers of these posts would know that there efforts would be seen by many, not only in the month they wrote them , but in the years to come as well. This would encourage the writers to make the posts of a better quality as well.

What say you?

Edited by Superglide Ken - 13/November/2006 at 6:16am
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Sponsored Links

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/November/2006 at 6:06pm
Can't wait to see all the replies on this one...............LOL

nightrider
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/November/2006 at 6:58pm
You must of scared them off with your post , Jack....

You are such an intimidating guy...........
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/November/2006 at 7:03pm
Interesting; but do you really want the bull sh!t that comes with itBig smile
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/November/2006 at 7:22pm
Got to take the whole package as it comes Hammy. Chucky is just about as bad as they come, and Ted let him stay here. Anybody worse than him that shows up will probably be banned. All boards have to deal with what they will tolerate, but the point is not to chase of the great majority of good posters away just cause a few trouble makers show up. Deal with any trouble makers when you get to that point.

Edited by Superglide Ken - 12/November/2006 at 7:24pm
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/November/2006 at 9:34pm
Good plan but, I like this board because it's not as busy as the other boards. I don't have to read 200 posts per day to keep up.
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/November/2006 at 9:55pm
Each board has its own culture and personalities and that will never change. I enjoy reading and posting on the other boards as much as I do this one.

Edited by pilediver - 12/November/2006 at 9:55pm
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/November/2006 at 6:27am
Originally posted by cmaster cmaster wrote:

Good plan but, I like this board because it's not as busy as the other boards. I don't have to read 200 posts per day to keep up.

News Flash, Paul. This board is already busier in # of posts per day than all of them! It has double the posts per day of ICS for example(66/day compared to the 31/day that ICS has). And Mickey's board? Please! We are blowing them out of the water both on the number of posts and the number of viewers since I left there last week. Many times they do not even have 6 people viewing that board at any given time while this one has had more than 70 on-line at a time, with more than a dozen viewers here most times. The only area that we really need to improve on is to get a greater number of people posting rather than haveing mainly 10 people here doing most of the posting. Share the workload so to speak. I know we can get that too, but it will take some effort from alot of people to do it is all. I am willing to do what I can to make sure it happens. Who wants to help out?

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/November/2006 at 8:08am
Originally posted by Superglide Ken Superglide Ken wrote:

Originally posted by cmaster cmaster wrote:

News Flash, Paul. This board is already busier in # of posts per day than all of them! It has double the posts per day of ICS for example(66/day compared to the 31/day that ICS has). And Mickey's board? Please! We are blowing them out of the water both on the number of posts and the number of viewers since I left there last week. Many times they do not even have 6 people viewing that board at any given time while this one has had more than 70 on-line at a time, with more than a dozen viewers here most times. The only area that we really need to improve on is to get a greater number of people posting rather than haveing mainly 10 people here doing most of the posting. Share the workload so to speak. I know we can get that too, but it will take some effort from alot of people to do it is all. I am willing to do what I can to make sure it happens. Who wants to help out?

WHAT A FEW LINES OF BULL
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/November/2006 at 12:13pm
Mr. Steamer I would help you out?
But?
I don't know which way you came in?
Just My opinion
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/November/2006 at 12:16pm
Don't worry Douguy I got boots on
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/November/2006 at 12:35pm
These boots are made for walkin?
Just My opinion
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/November/2006 at 12:55pm
I think hip wadders would be more appropriateLOL
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/November/2006 at 1:24pm
No boots required? I dare steamer to prove that any part of my post up above is anything but factual.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>