Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Hi- wanting to start, could use advice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2004 at 11:13pm
YOU"RE HIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links

TomR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2004 at 4:26am
  I guess any way you slice it, in an interveiw you gotta balance all the different parts (self-sufficiency/smarts/team-player etc etc) and play up the parts the interveiwer is leading that he wants to see.   Like trying to get the interest of a new woman you wanna date.   The big bad difference is that one is social and fun and the other is official and serious. 
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2004 at 4:28pm

Tom answer Hockie in the topic Cold Calling. I think this is your forté. I would tell you under what he is asking but this guy is very serious and does not like any answers unless helpful.

In other words he doesn't like to chatter like me. 

Edited by Adwa
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2004 at 10:31pm

I love to show the boss...who's the boss...when a guy knows his work...he does a great job...people love him....his paper work is always just perfect....he make sure you get all your cash...he goes to work 6 days a week  ON TIME...and he's there to correct and solve everyone else problems...

everyone comes to him....he becomes the boss...even the boss comes to him...

too many people do incomplete work......I make sure the job gets done.

I don't do it to be a smart arse...I do it because thats just me

TomR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2004 at 11:49pm
Mr Steamer, that is a great attitude.  Every outfit needs a solid go-to guy, and you can never really tell at the start who it is going to be.  I just hate having a boss period, and I'm not really cut out to be under anyone.  I am great at giving direction, but I suck at following it.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/May/2004 at 7:34am
You got to kiss it....so when you're ready you can kick it....they can't even think about firing you...they just have to suck it up and do better in the future
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/May/2004 at 9:50pm

Tom

I was looking at the help you gave Hockie, thanks but it is scary when you have a second thought.     Only Kidding!!!

Steamer

It sounds like you are describing me. You've seen me in action have you.

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
TomR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2004 at 2:50am

hehe...  heres another long one for ya adwa....I had another interveiw with a different carpet cleaning operation yesterday.  Its a small operation, two trucks, three guys (looking for a fourth).   They use rx-20s almost exclusively.  He seemed impressed overall, but it was tough to get a straight answer out of him about a couple of things.  The guy wants me to work for him, but I don't think I want to.  I'm not into this "low pay and low hours for the first month" thing.

I'm doing the walk-through on a new account tomarrow, if it really works out, I might just take the course, get certified, get the OP system , use it on some small commercial accounts and free jobs (friends carpets etc) until I get a good hang of it and then go from there. Without really trying,   I already have about 15k of commercial carpet work lined up in some of my janitorial accounts.  I know I can keep the machine busy forawhile without getting any new customers.  I hate waiting.  I want to start this. 

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2004 at 6:47am

hurry hurry hurry...don't waste time buy an OP and start cleaning today!

You got a Visa?? M/C?? or an AMEX?? Then you got a OP machine....

You'll clear the cost of the OP only after ONE job!  Now where do you get that type of return????

Pick your phone and call today!!!!!

1-800-d-pad-man

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2004 at 6:57am
TOMR: You have problem with wanting to start at the top wth all the perks.  Keep one thing in mind if all these low life, low paying lack of education hard working people are in your area you might just have to depend on one of these companies some day.  Taking a course and getting certified does not make a CARPET CLEANER!  Maybe there is a certification certificate that comes with the op machine maybe it is on the pad.Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2004 at 7:02am

Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

Taking a course and getting certified does not make a CARPET CLEANER!  Guitar
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH

OHHHHHH MMMYYYYYYYY GGGGGGGAAAAAAAAWWWDDDDDD!!!!!!!

I've just been saying this forever.....doug I think I'm rubbing off on you

TomR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2004 at 10:21am
 Doug, are you telling me that 9 dollars an hour, and a ton of hours, is starting at the top with all the perks?  If so, I better think about something other than cleaning carpets.  I'd be happy working at 9 dollars an hour, 12 hours a day, 7 days a week to start.  Is that the top (with all the perks?)  I never said these people were low-life, lack of education.  Where did you get that from?   I don't care if I got my "official carpet cleaner" card out of a box of cracker-jax, if I could make carpets clean and turn a profit doing it, I'd be happy. 
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2004 at 12:29pm

TomR:  I will let you in on a little secerate.  I know a couple of men in the US who wanted to learn how to clean carpets.  Could not get a job without experience.  They went ot work for free for a man who could not afford to pay them.  Guess What?  They own one of the largest carpet cleaning companies in the US.  The moral of the story is you may have to sacrfice some of your EGO to get that much needed experience!

Guitar

Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2004 at 3:59pm
blah blah blah....   Get experience make money...no one works for free...these people that doug talks about...wanted to suceed...TomR you sound like a guy with a lot of ambition...you are going to make it no matter where you start.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>