Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Franchise is only way

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/March/2007 at 12:06am
Sure thing Mr.Ream.
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC
Sponsored Links

pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2007 at 7:58pm
Mr. Ream came out of the closet at Mikefest.
bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2007 at 11:34pm
Mr. Clean why do you say franchise is the only way to go?  Thats like

saying Mexican food it the only way to go.  A franchises has its advantage

instant creditability, a proven way of doing business that works for the

company, and so on.  Franchises also have its draw backs such as

territory, prices, and the fact that you will never really own it.  You will

always have someone telling you what you can and cant do.  To me this is
why owning you business trumps all, for you are truly 100% in control.  As

far as cost when I looked into it was some time ago but think you could

start for as little as 35k down, and they would carry you on the rest. 

Considering I just spent about 60k on a truck mount and van, and then

still have advertising cost.  So would say franchise is cheaper unless they

start like you say with a grocery store machine and hatch back. You sound
very convinced that it is better, may be I don't see what you do, but

would like to hear you reasons.  Not the stupid reasons like using a

grocery rental or franchises do better work, because I take more business
away from franchises then smaller businesses.

Edited by bryan - 12/March/2007 at 11:36pm
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2007 at 11:38pm
I bet if you asked 10 guys who owned a franchise in this business for 5 or more years that 7 out of 10 of them wished they never got into a franchise agreement.
wheelerman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheelerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2007 at 3:50pm
    Yup and the guys posting on this board,saying Franchisses are the only way to go will be joining the " I wish I never did that" club right shortly.
Been there done that:(
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2007 at 3:55pm
wheelerman, the guy that started this did so as a barb to get everyone going. Most here understand its probably better to stay away from the franchises.
bgray22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bgray22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/March/2007 at 8:53am
he says mom and pop cleaners are always low balling??? Aren't the big franchises the ones that usually push prices down???
bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/March/2007 at 1:02pm
Most people pushing price down is the smaller companies. Larger companies can't afford to drop prices.  Coit use to be a 2 man truck now down to one.
SRI Cleaning View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SRI Cleaning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/March/2007 at 2:23pm
No way!  The big cleaners are the ones killing us on the prices! Maybe not chem dry, but everytime I turn around, stamely steamer has the 99 dollar deal.
EmpireMike View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmpireMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2007 at 11:24pm
    not all non franchise companies low ball - we compete with lots of franchises in our area and xharge the same or more but offer better service , better cleaning
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2007 at 2:32am
I think most franchises tend to charge more. I think most ar paying 7% or more to the man.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2007 at 12:17pm
Chem dry charges a lot but they lack on service

everyone else in the Greater Toronto Area are cheap according to red board status
www.mr-steamer.com
SuperDry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2007 at 9:17am
Franchise or No Franchise? I worked 7 years for a Chem Dry Franchise and some of the homes we went into would say things like "I heard Chem Dry was bad cuz they use harsh chemicals". Well a lot of people think that. Why? Because it's a well known franchise and yes some good is said of them and some bad, but word spreads. With a franchise, you have to use the equipment and chemicals that they make you use and you have to pay a premium price for them. Your overhead goes up, while your profit goes down. You have to get premium price in order to make a living. Then you have the franchises that decide they want to grow. They don't train their techs like they should, and send em out on their own after two weeks. They don't know what they are doing, do a crap job and make it much nicer for those mom and pops that get to go in and clean up after the inexperience franchise tech. Along with all of that crap to deal with, you have to compete with other franchises that are in your area, then you are starting to make less profit because the franchise down the street will do the job for $10.00 less. The carpet cleaning market is over saturated with franchises. If one franchisee does a horrible job, he just lost you business because you have the same name as him. Think about it.

Mom and pops- Get to use any type of equipment they want. Don't have a ton of overhead. Can spend more time cleaning on one job and be able to talk to the customer and educate them. Don't have to rush from job to job to make a buck. Don't have to pay a lot for cleaning chemicals, and can make a name for themselves that they don't have to pay someone to use.

In my opinion, Mom and pops aren't so bad.

Edited by SuperDry - 31/March/2007 at 9:20am
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2007 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by SuperDry SuperDry wrote:

Mom and pops- Get to use any type of equipment they want. Don't have a ton of overhead. Can spend more time cleaning on one job and be able to talk to the customer and educate them. Don't have to rush from job to job to make a buck. Don't have to pay a lot for cleaning chemicals, and can make a name for themselves that they don't have to pay someone to use.

In my opinion, Mom and pops aren't so bad.

HUH where did you get that from????

www.mr-steamer.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>