Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Believer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Believer
    Posted: 12/March/2007 at 2:08pm

You just have to love Padmans confidence. He tells it the way he see's it and backs it up with experience and nails it down with before and after pictures. Clap

Sooner or later he will get to you. Pad Cleaning

Sponsored Links

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2007 at 2:05pm
I personally have not confirmed this but I have heard that OP Cleaning is the method used on the carpets at the head office of Shaw Industries.

When people with large areas of carpets to be cleaned compare pricing of OP versus HWE and have budget restraints they often choose the less expensive methods. Some times in large organizations the hand also never tells the foot what's going on.

Moral of this story is a carpet cleaner needs more than one tool in his tool box to satisfy both his and his customers needs and budgets.

Keep an open mind. It is very unfortunate for those who have a closed mind.

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2007 at 10:36am
      Heres my question...does the O.P system clean the carpet to the base of the fibre like the steam cleaning does

The question makes a huge false assumption, if you think steam cleaning cleans to the base of the fibers, you need to EXAMINE your carpets as you clean them, that is simply NOT TRUE and very easy to prove.

but no one has ever told me how you can say a cotton pad flushes all the dirty from the fibres of the carpet when there is no flushing or rinsing involved?

What most people do not understand is that what goes on between the wand and the carpet or the pad and the carpet is VERY SIMILAR, both utilize water, one depends on vacuum for recovery, the other absorbancy plus a wiping motion for recovery. Pads rinse the carpet, and they also do it with moisture, but not as much is required when you also have the wiping motion and agitation instead of relying simply on vacuum.

Lets not forget also that Shaw recomendes steam cleaning for a reason

Been to Shaw, they were interested in the GEM our CBM machine, they were VERY impressed with it, however when I was finished running it I asked to show them OP. They refused, at lunch I asked "do you think OP is too hard on the carpet?" their answer, "No, it just doesn't clean" to which I laughed, and stated, look both machines are the same price, I sell both, and use both, invariably OP does a better job, hands down no competition. In a side by side you can clean with a CBM and them clean next to it with OP and see a huge difference, then go over the cbm area and still cut a line of difference.

They didn't CARE, which showed me that POLITICS was the reasonsing, not performance or results.
Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
BonnetMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BonnetMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2007 at 1:12am
As far as I know Shaw refuses to review any other cleaning methods besides HWE. I'd be curious to know their motives for that.
wheelerman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheelerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2007 at 11:04pm
    Heres my question...does the O.P system clean the carpet to the base of the fibre like the steam cleaning does or is it just more of a surface cleaning and after drying and a couple days of walking on it does it look like sh*t again?

Plus the carpet looking clean to the client if very important , but are they deep down clean? No one has talked about the factor of leaving the home knowing that the carpet you just cleaned is now clean and as been disineffected to the best of you abilities. I admit I dont know alot about the O.P system and I am sure it has its place, but no one has ever told me how you can say a cotton pad flushes all the dirty from the fibres of the carpet when there is no flushing or rinsing involved? Lets not forget also that Shaw recomendes steam cleaning for a reason.

Edited by wheelerman - 11/March/2007 at 11:15pm
opclean View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2007 at 10:11pm
Hey All, I have been taking care of a surgical clinic for 2 years with a o.p machine. Blood you name it and we have removed it from there carpet. They had tryed several area cleaners and the o.p method was what they were looking for. They call it the magic machine. When the spots are gone there gone. We have no problem with the surprises they leave for us daily on these carpets. The carpets in this building is 85,000 sq ft. We also take care of there vct that is at 67,000 sq ft. Like with vct you have to work at it to make your floors look like glass. So with o.p cleaning. Practice makes perfect. Just my 2 cents worth. Learn your machine MASTER it and CLEAN CARPETS.
Cleaning carpets is like a box of chocolate.You dont know what ya got till ya bite into it.
Ninja-wand View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninja-wand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2007 at 5:48pm
"Cleaning products have MORE to do with that than method, plus adding more moisture to a urine situation often is exactly the WRONG thing to do to solve the problem."

I agree with the cleaning product part. But,I have to dissagree with your thinking that "adding more mositure is a bad idea". With Urine...Flooding it with OSR is not a good idea unless you can extract most of it out...And that is what the Water claw is made for.

I'll make you TAP OUT!!!
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2007 at 4:15pm
Peace love dope! And the temptations of Eve!
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2007 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

I

if you think HWE is pulling out more than the OP you have another thing comming.

I think I agreed with you padman... I love OP I think yes ....it works...do I want to wash pads.. NO... do I want to carry around pads NO...  so is the OP for me personally...NO

the most important thing for the customer is the look...I'm not worried about anything else.....  Thats all the customer cares about.

good looking carpet is clean carpet in a customers eyes...

Padman it took you to make me see that.

remember what Billy Crystal says.."it's better to look good than to feel good"

in this case it's better to look clean than to be clean
www.mr-steamer.com
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2007 at 11:36am
Ok, so you are a scrub and runner eh, Steemer?

Thang, your idea about blood and feces and urnine, I would LOVE to compete with you on those exact issues.

I know you "think" hwe just rinses that all away, but closer examination of the fibers will show you that it ins't what you think it is.

Cleaning products have MORE to do with that than method, plus adding more moisture to a urine situation often is exactly the WRONG thing to do to solve the problem.

You and I can argue forever, but hopefully one of these days you and I can go cleaning together, and YOU PICK the jobs. We'll clean, I'll buy you lunch and we will make a day of it.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2007 at 12:04am
well I don't....thats why I got a cimex...
www.mr-steamer.com
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2007 at 9:16pm
Exactly!     
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2007 at 9:09pm
I have a washer & drier in my shop for that?
Just My opinion
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2007 at 9:07pm
I did !

I had a seperate machine to wash those nasties in!

It use to wash alot of nasties in!    
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>