Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

What do you guys think of this:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2004 at 7:31pm

Not knocking Padman's man system but on some of his post it appears that for some jobs you would have to use up to 100 pads.

Even if you cut this in half it would be a high cost for one job considering the cost of each pad that you would have to purchase. What I'm saying is how would this machine be used for residential, how would you get into the corners.

I know it sounds good for commercial jobs but I feel steam cleaning is still the better way, it would be less expensive. Just thinking out Loud!!!

Sponsored Links

TomR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2004 at 1:13am
  I'm pretty determined to save up for the OP system, then after awhile get a truckmount.  Funny thing is, I'll probably end up using it for everything but carpet cleaning.
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/May/2004 at 11:11pm

Oh but Tom

That way has been the start up of many carpet cleaning businesses, maybe not the renting part but starting with a portable most cleaners have gone that route and built from there.

It really all depends on what you can afford and the type of equipment you want to start with. One step at a time.

TomR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/May/2004 at 6:04pm
hehe adwa,  it basicaly says to start out by getting a bunch of customers and then renting a portable to service them.  When you got enough money, buy a portable and continue to work your way up from there.  I am not beyond doing something like this myself, but I want to do this proper, and that doesn't sound like the proper way. 
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/May/2004 at 7:10am

It is a good article for a very ambitious person to get the general idea for carpet cleaning.

However I have a short attention span and it went on and on and on 

TomR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/May/2004 at 2:58am

"How to start a carpet cleaning business"

http://www.iversonsoftware.com/success/p3319.htm

I think this guy has soome good general ideas, but his plan requires more of a mastery of BS than of carpet cleaning. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12