Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

door to door

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1 on 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: door to door
    Posted: 26/March/2007 at 12:41am
Hi guys, I'm trying just about everything I can to get more business. Have anyone tried to sell their service door to door. If so, what did you say, and what was the out come.
Sponsored Links

pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2007 at 1:04am
You have to have a rubber ego and balls the size of cantaloupes to in this kind of marketing on homes. Good idea but only do it at commercial establishments and you got it nailed!

Edited by pilediver - 26/March/2007 at 12:13pm
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2007 at 2:14am
I've done the door to door presentation, I can give you some tips that you can take or leave, or add on to. People are people and the response I got here in Montreal Canada you should get wherever you live.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A UNIFORM DISPLAYING YOUR COMPANY NAME, ALONG WITH A PICTURED HANG TAG FROM YOUR NECK IN CLEAR VIEW.

PARK YOUR CAR OR TRUCK IN PLAIN VIEW WITH COMPANY MARKINGS EITHER IN FRONT OF THE HOUSE OR SLIGHTLY 3 HOUSES OVER. THE CAR MUST BE VISABLE FOR 5 HOUSES TO SEE IT, AND HIT BOTH SIDES OF THE STREET TO SAVE TIME.

ALWAYS APPROACH THE HOMEOWNER WITH A PROPER INTRODUCTION, HANDING THEM A FLYER AND BUSINESS CARD IN THE SAME ACTION. HAVE A BROCHURE OF WELL KNOWN PLACES THAT YOU HAVE SERVICED, ALONG WITH A REFERANCE LIST WHICH YOU LEAVE WITH HER/HIM.

NEVER GO ALONE OR WITH ANOTHER GUY, GO AS A COUPAL ( MAN/WOMAN ) PUTS THE SITUATION IN NEUTRAL , WHEATHER A MAN OR WOMAN ANSWERS THE DOOR.

IF YOU ARE INVITED IN, NEVER LET YOUR EYES WONDER AROUND THE HOUSE, UNLESS THE CUSTOMER POINTS YOU TO A CERTAIN DIRECTION.

NEVER COMPLIMENT THE CUSTOMER ON THE DECOR, OR THE BEAUTY OF THE HOME........AND NEVER ASK WHERE THE CUSTOMER OBTAINED A CERTAIN ITEM ( EG. T.V.....STERIO.....FURNITURE..... WHATEVER )

NEVER ACCEPT A COFFEE OR OVERSTAY YOUR WELCOME, KEEP IT BUSINESS AND TAKE A RAIN CHECQUE. IT'S YOUR TICKET FOR A SECOND VISIT OR CONTRACT.

IF YOU KNOW HOW TO SELL AND DON'T DRESS OR CONDUCT YOURSELF LIKE A MANIAC ON DAY PAROLE, YOU SHOULD DO WELL.

Nightrider

Edited by nightrider - 26/March/2007 at 2:16am
1 on 1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1 on 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2007 at 6:09pm
Thanks
flood-man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flood-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2007 at 8:57pm
nice
flood man rocks
EmpireMike View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmpireMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2007 at 11:48pm
    i went out 1 afternoon last year in may and knocked on some ddors while my guy was working. i booked 2 huge tile jobs and 5 or 6 carpet jobs in the amount of time it took my guy to clean 5 rooms hall steps and a sectional couch. it depends on your sales skills. also it helps if you advertise in the area. most people kinda rushed me but when i told them to open the loacal paper and they saw me there it made them much more comfortable and got me in the door. if you look like an inbreed or don't present yourself right your are dead at the door. dont be pushy and make sure you have before and after pictures to show them as well as refernces from the area.
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2007 at 12:49am
Good post Empire, you're right regarding the sales skills, and being presentable.......................you can offer Free cleaning.................if you don't know how to sell it...................FORGET IT.

Nightrider
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2007 at 2:31am
EmpireMike how can you argue with straight ahead good honest sales.
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC
 Post Reply Post Reply