Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines > Rotovac
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Rotovac

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2007 at 6:32pm
Do you mean one for tile & grout and one for with bristles for carpet agitation?  On are you referring to the HWE head Carpetologist?
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
Sponsored Links

duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2007 at 6:33pm
They are sending the NEW catalog to me.  Page 18 has it.  Thanks again for the sweet and simple solution.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
donalson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donalson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/May/2007 at 12:36am
the rotovac i'm picking up from a bud has a sight tube built into the powerwand tube about 1/2 way up... from what i hear they brake and will need to repace... but for the price i don't care :)
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/May/2007 at 11:47am
The one I used is screwed on to the end of the hose and then slides into the rotovac wand.  I think it might be easier to change one.  Anything short of tempered glass will weaken and become brittle due to the chemicals and heat I believe.
Jeff Van Buren View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Van Buren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/June/2007 at 6:35am
   If your speaking of the older version of Rotovac power wand, yes I have used the brushs for glue down carpet in day cares. Prespray allows for a better job but it worked well.
juniors cleanup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniors cleanup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2007 at 11:19pm
I recently bought a rotovac have not had a chance to use I do an even mix of com / residential on a porty I will get a tm soon but till then its still david vs goliath. do stand a chance competeing with the big boys? if so what do I need to do for the next 9 mos to a year till the mount comes?
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2007 at 11:25pm
jr. Take your time and do a good job (you have to anyway with a portable). A good job will bring referals.

PM hcciam and he will give you lots of good advice. He has huge hours on a porty before he bought his TM. His name is Ron Werner Happy Carpet Cleaners.
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/June/2007 at 12:15am
I use a porty and rotovac and have learned to use the fact that I take longer as a major feature.  My father was a carpenter and I learned from him measure twice cut once.  I waxed a neighbors cadillac in the 60s and he was a big one for making me believe that if I got the job done fast I didn't do it as well as he expected.

So, the benefit of the fact that I take longer is I do a more thorough job than my local competition.  It creates value in the customers mind.  I am not knocking anyone here for the speed of a TM.  Just saying I don't let the fact that I have a porty serve as a strike against me.

And the rotovac is a great tool especially if you get a sight tube for the hose.  Seeing is believing for you and your customer.

Edited by duckcountry - 18/June/2007 at 12:37am
Jeff Van Buren View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Van Buren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/June/2007 at 5:45am
    Jon Don has a sight tube that fits between wand and hose www.jondon.com
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/June/2007 at 11:33am
I think they are made by the Hyrdaforce people.  Get the 1 1/2" one for the Rotovac.  They run about $20 US and Kleenkuip might have them.  You should pick up 2 as they can crack in the course of being used and some solvents can weaken them.  Just a suggestion based on past experiences of mine.
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/June/2007 at 4:10pm
I am going to break the hard floor brushes in on concrete and experiment on my olefin carpet with a dry foam shampoo going to rotovac hard brushes through solution hose and then dry extraction using vacuum hose and standard wand with defoamer in waste water tank.  I will let you know if I achieve success without ruining anything. 

I started off with shampooers in '71 before we had HWE units and worked on some of the first ones in '74 with Miller's in Granada Hills, CA.  We always pushed dual method because shampooing was superior at cleaning compared to the early units. 

This is using HWE equipment with the brushes for a shampoo only method.  It should cut Rotovac time down way low and not at a sacrifice of performance.  That is the result I expect but we can always be hit with the unexpected.

Not saying I won't clean the regular way but I think there are creative options available.  This would ideally be a two tech solution.  Shampoo a 9' x 6' area then have helper dry vac with the wand.  One machine, two hoses each connected to the one device that needs its function and each working inter-dependent of the other.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12