Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Upholstery & Fine Fabrics Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

pre-spraying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
cleaningheroes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleaningheroes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pre-spraying
    Posted: 11/November/2014 at 11:06pm
We use a variety of methods depending on the type of fabric, color fastness and soiling level. Our primary method is a small 2-quart pump sprayer with a foaming tip. We then agitate with a natural sponge or a horse hair brush. This works for 95% of synthetic fabrics. 

For more sensitive fabrics, such as Haitian cotton or other natural materials, we tend to use a bucket and whip the solution into a foam. Using a natural sponge, we apply the foam to the fabric and then rinse, extract and dry quickly using towels.
Sponsored Links

Lars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/November/2014 at 2:48pm
We use pump up sprayers. They have better control and accuracy when working around furniture and cleaning upholstery.
nathan112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathan112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/August/2011 at 1:08am
can i clean micro fiber ???
westcovina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westcovina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2011 at 1:36pm
I try to pre spray only when necessary. I do however pre vac every piece I clean.
eclipse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eclipse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/September/2010 at 9:27pm
ANY CHEMICAL SUPPLY HOUSE SELLS HAND PUMP SPRAYER'S FOR UPHOLSTERY CLEANING.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/September/2010 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by LArugcleaning LArugcleaning wrote:

Hi,

Haitian cotton is a unique type of 100 percent cotton upholstery fabric. The cotton fibers are only partially processed, which leaves brown dots of shredded seed and stem and creates a coarse, textured fabric.
 The fabric has a natural, earthy appearance due to the bits of seed and stem, but the seeds also create a cleaning challenge for owners of the furniture covered with Haitian cotton.
 Plain water creates a chemical reaction when mixed with the seed particles, resulting in semi-permanent brown stains.

And what about it? Its one fabric i woundn't HWE......Confused
les21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote les21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/September/2010 at 6:26pm
Battery sprayer for me. Works just fine plus looks more professinal than a pump up :)
LArugcleaning View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LArugcleaning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2010 at 10:13pm

Hi,

Haitian cotton is a unique type of 100 percent cotton upholstery fabric. The cotton fibers are only partially processed, which leaves brown dots of shredded seed and stem and creates a coarse, textured fabric.
 The fabric has a natural, earthy appearance due to the bits of seed and stem, but the seeds also create a cleaning challenge for owners of the furniture covered with Haitian cotton.
 Plain water creates a chemical reaction when mixed with the seed particles, resulting in semi-permanent brown stains.

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2009 at 6:20pm
Thanks guys for the comments.. I like keeping all cleaning related equiptment.. Big%20smile
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2009 at 5:56pm
Time to get out of the '70'sLOL

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2009 at 2:44pm
John it sounds like everything you possess is an antique???
Just My opinion
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2009 at 11:02am
Hey duck i have a older model 1300 Chapin 3gal.. Cant find parts.. I need the whole plunger.. Metal tank last forever.. A web search didnt reveal anything..

Thanks if you know.. Big%20smile

Big%20smile Cool Approve Big%20smile
tokmik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tokmik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2009 at 3:49am
I have used a hydro force sprayer on upholstery myself. I don't reccommend it but I have had to use it on very heavily soiled pieces of furniture before when I knew a small sprayer would not cut it. It is a tool of the trade. Sometimes I would like to trade it in but HA What Can I say. That hasn't already been said.

Chandler Carpet Cleaning
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2008 at 1:29am
I use chapin units I get from Jerry's which although it is local only beats out Home Depot and Lowes since we deal with local people and not corporations that leech profit centers by sending them to a far away office.

These are great and you can get different nozzles for them.  Available in up to 3 gallons.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>