Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Upholstery & Fine Fabrics Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

pre-spraying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2009 at 5:56pm
Time to get out of the '70'sLOL

The STD Meter
Sponsored Links

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2009 at 6:20pm
Thanks guys for the comments.. I like keeping all cleaning related equiptment.. Big%20smile
LArugcleaning View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LArugcleaning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2010 at 10:13pm

Hi,

Haitian cotton is a unique type of 100 percent cotton upholstery fabric. The cotton fibers are only partially processed, which leaves brown dots of shredded seed and stem and creates a coarse, textured fabric.
 The fabric has a natural, earthy appearance due to the bits of seed and stem, but the seeds also create a cleaning challenge for owners of the furniture covered with Haitian cotton.
 Plain water creates a chemical reaction when mixed with the seed particles, resulting in semi-permanent brown stains.

les21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote les21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/September/2010 at 6:26pm
Battery sprayer for me. Works just fine plus looks more professinal than a pump up :)
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/September/2010 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by LArugcleaning LArugcleaning wrote:

Hi,

Haitian cotton is a unique type of 100 percent cotton upholstery fabric. The cotton fibers are only partially processed, which leaves brown dots of shredded seed and stem and creates a coarse, textured fabric.
 The fabric has a natural, earthy appearance due to the bits of seed and stem, but the seeds also create a cleaning challenge for owners of the furniture covered with Haitian cotton.
 Plain water creates a chemical reaction when mixed with the seed particles, resulting in semi-permanent brown stains.

And what about it? Its one fabric i woundn't HWE......Confused
eclipse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eclipse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/September/2010 at 9:27pm
ANY CHEMICAL SUPPLY HOUSE SELLS HAND PUMP SPRAYER'S FOR UPHOLSTERY CLEANING.
westcovina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westcovina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2011 at 1:36pm
I try to pre spray only when necessary. I do however pre vac every piece I clean.
nathan112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathan112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/August/2011 at 1:08am
can i clean micro fiber ???
Lars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/November/2014 at 2:48pm
We use pump up sprayers. They have better control and accuracy when working around furniture and cleaning upholstery.
cleaningheroes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleaningheroes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2014 at 11:06pm
We use a variety of methods depending on the type of fabric, color fastness and soiling level. Our primary method is a small 2-quart pump sprayer with a foaming tip. We then agitate with a natural sponge or a horse hair brush. This works for 95% of synthetic fabrics. 

For more sensitive fabrics, such as Haitian cotton or other natural materials, we tend to use a bucket and whip the solution into a foam. Using a natural sponge, we apply the foam to the fabric and then rinse, extract and dry quickly using towels.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567