Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Upholstery & Fine Fabrics Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

pre-spraying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pre-spraying
    Posted: 10/May/2004 at 8:07pm

Just wondering How do you guys Pre-spray your furniture????I always use the Hydro force....which seems to be over the top...but it works for me???

how do you put on Haitian cotton...do you use a bucket ???

Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2004 at 8:21pm
Mr. Steamer;  I haven't had 2 hatian cotton couches in over 20 years.  where do you find these relicks of the 80's.  Most of them just have the appearance of cotton but are synthetic.  But we are in different worlds.Guitar
Just My opinion
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2004 at 10:12pm

The best I find is the one quart jug with the thumb pump on it and a varied mist spray. You can get them at the garden center CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP!

Don't buy them from KK too expensive.

But find a garden center close...as the cheap ones don't last and with the price of gas.

When you use a Hydroforce you must also spray the pictures on the walls at the same time.

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2004 at 10:41pm

Ted: The ones at the garden center don't last for long......the real ones work much better.....

doug: I use Haitian on most white furniture...50% cotton....

You know when you wet the cotton...you can see the little seeds... because it hasn't been mercerized like a cotton shirt....

Bahamas likes to use 100% natural cotton...the trick is try and clean it as even as possible..... the soap must go on even and it must be extracted even

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/May/2004 at 11:40am

Mr. Steamer;  Hydro Force!! I would hazard to guess that overwetting is not a problem?  I can see using Hatian Cotton cleaner to stop any browning from the amount of cleaner and the amount of rinse to remove it all.  Have you ever had a problem with a piece of furniture drying like sand paper because of the amount of cleaner?  I guess the Haitian cotton cleaner should fix that.  I think there would be a large amount of wasted upholstery cleaner becaues of over application.  But who am I to question.  If it works all the better for you.Guitar

Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/May/2004 at 1:50pm
Doug... you can't get even flow with a spray bottle....you get patchy results... thanks for not flaming me...I have never browned or wrecked a piece of furniture...It's something that can not be taught in a class...I guess it comes with experience
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/May/2004 at 3:03pm
Mr. Steamer:  I have used a hydro force sprayer on upholstery myself.  I don't reccommend it but I have had to use it on very heavily soiled pieces of furniture before when I knew a small sprayer would not cut it. It is a tool of the trade.  Sometimes I would like to trade it in but HA What Can I say.  That hasn't already been said.Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/May/2004 at 10:48pm
I use it on everything....but I am a master
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2004 at 6:47am

Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

I use it on everything....but I am a master

Mr. Steamer: You are the Master.  You should raise dew worms and sell the for bait to fishermen than you would be a Master Baiter.  Just one more Master title to add to your certificate.Guitar

Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2004 at 6:58am

naawww... That would make me Jack of all.....Master of none...

I just think of the MILLIONS......and MILLIONS of things I've cleaned over the years... never had to replace onething EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that alone speaks for itself

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2004 at 8:26am
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

naawww... That would make me Jack of all.....Master of none...

that alone speaks for itself

Mr. Steamer:  That would a jack of offf  Master of oneGuitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2004 at 4:07pm

I'm sure I've been in more homes than you have douggie boy...cleaned more carpet than you...cleaned more furniture than you...pull more hose than you...

You remind me of Jed from the Beverly hill billies.....stay in the bush with your black gold....

and I'll stay up here in Berverly

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2004 at 4:56pm
Mr. Stemer:  Thats where we differ. I work on quality and you work on quantity.  We all can't all live in the city. OH I have to quit because I am not suppose say anything bad about the GTA.Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2004 at 10:24pm

no no no my son... I work on quantities of quality.... I do work in the best and biggest homes all through the GTA... with some of the finest furniture you've ever seen... so don't talk to me about quality...

In your one horse town I'm sure you've cleaned good stuff...but how often.

when I leave this game they are going to bronze my wand and hand tool

experience my son experience

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>