Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

How to get new business

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordicfrost14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to get new business
    Posted: 24/June/2007 at 12:09pm
Hi all, I would like your ideas on how to drum up new business. Do you guys and or girls have any good ways to do this inexpensively? Also what are your ideas on buying a new truck mount, are there any really good ones for under $8,000.00 new? Since I'm a newbie and Ill probably be buying on shortly.
A good name and humble deeds will last forever.
Sponsored Links

Jeff Van Buren View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Van Buren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/June/2007 at 3:00pm
    Commercial or Residential customers excellent-supply.com has a CD on commercial I hear its good, will be purchasing soon myself. Residential have local paper run new business in area, flyers to local zip codes your interested in. I put mine in paper boxes on Sunday, most read the sunday paper and your flyer will be in it when they unravel the mess. Do some local charity cleaning for experience and exposure, churchs, senior centers,etc.don't whore up the market with ridiculous low prices you will only attract the bottom feeders. Contact some apartment complex's if you can get them clean your ready for everything else. Larger commercial accounts offer 1 room free gift certificates to get your foot in the door limit the size of the room to normal office or reception area let them see results before asking for business, let them see you can talk the talk and walk the walk! Not evrybody can.
hcciam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hcciam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/June/2007 at 7:47pm
Market to your existing clients.  Always keep the ones you've already got! 
Out work your competition, ie show your clients a cleaning like they never knew existed, ie just clean it according to the standards.  Shouldn't be hard to out work the others.  The ones you don't outwork you want to get to know and network with, they are not competition for their work will only serve to edify your own.
Ask for referrals.  Your clients are your best sales force, as long as you have wowed them.

Ron Werner
Owner
Happy Carpet Cleaners
Victoria BC
chargerhm69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chargerhm69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/August/2007 at 5:57pm
I try to market home owners associations, and realtors. Theres always people buying used houses. Print up some flyers and offer a free 1 room cleaning up to 200 sq. ft. that will help you get in the door. from there just do what you can to do a great job. If they like you they wont stop with only 1 room. And dont be affraid to ask your existing clients for referrals, if they like you chances are there already doing it. You can always help encourage them by giving them some of the same flyers to give to there friends.               Good LUCK
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/August/2007 at 11:23pm
Everyone has different Marketing Strategies..

Inexpensively = flyers..

The Best Way = Telemarketing Residential.. Walk in demo for Commercial.. And Sales Letter.. Followed up by appointment to discuss cleaning needs..

Video Marketer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Video Marketer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2007 at 1:19pm
Take a look at web marketing. The web is growing and there are literally thousands of searches every day for cleaning services. But be warned, there is a lot of competition, so your website needs to stand out. By the way, if done right, internet marketing is one of the lowest $/customer costs.

If you have a website already, we offer a free web analysis on how to improve your site.
The Video Marketer
www.LeadingEdgeiSolutions.com
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2007 at 1:33pm
you have to watch out...lost off companies go broke using web based advertising like google ad...

Wanna drive a Guy like Lee from Fresh and clean out of business?????? google his company and keep clicking that link... it's cost him everytime someone uses that link...

it cost him even if you book or not...
www.mr-steamer.com
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2007 at 2:31pm
Smile

Edited by nightrider - 25/November/2007 at 11:26pm
hcciam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hcciam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2007 at 4:06pm
I would like to append to Nightrider's comments. 
I would say you do not NEED a website.
It does not cost a lot to have a website or maintain it.  There are some inexpensive softwares available that allow anyone with decent computer knowledge to create and maintain their own website. All you need is a host.  Mine costs me about $17.50 a month for hosting and I think it was about $150 for 9yrs for my domain name. 
While I do get people that call me from my website my main reason for having it is to be able to refer people to it to answer there questions instead of me taking 30 minutes to explain what I've already written.
I don't make a lot from my site but then I'm not busy promoting it.  Since 2000 I've made $5238 attributed to website source alone, doesn't include people that were referred and then saw my website.  My costs involved are about $1000 for creating it ($600 for an original programmer, $400 for do it myself software), 17.50/mth for 6yrs=$1470 for hosting, About $210 for domain registry, totalling $2680.  So my website has brought it 2:1, not including repeat cleanings.

Do you NEED one. No.
Is it good to have one. Yes.
Ron Werner
Owner
Happy Carpet Cleaners
Victoria BC
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2007 at 4:11pm
do you get calls from your web site??? and how do you get the calls???
www.mr-steamer.com
hcciam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hcciam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2007 at 4:20pm
Yes, they either email me or phone me.  its www.gethappy.ca
pretty simple site.
Ron Werner
Owner
Happy Carpet Cleaners
Victoria BC
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2007 at 5:21pm
I have a FREE website.. OH YEAH !!
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2007 at 5:25pm
Smile

Edited by nightrider - 25/November/2007 at 11:26pm
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2007 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

Websites are espensive to operate, does not yield anything more than vanity of its owners. The service business does not, in NO WAY need a website, they're for SUCKERS who think they are good looking and love to admire themselves in a mirror .

Nightrider

Thats my point..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>