Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Illegal Dumping of Truck Mount Dirty Water

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesteammaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/May/2011 at 11:57am
Almost all of the chemicals I use are actually Eco friendly I used to pay to dispose of it in my town but now I just pump it on my lawn. I should just start watering my grass with it as the area where I pump the water seems to make the grass nice and green.
Sponsored Links

77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/July/2011 at 1:18am
All I know at least in California its gets hot. Nothing worse than getting in your vehicle with that toxic fume giving you a headache (rush) fricking overwelmng. Thats when the problem starts I was not able to dump at the last few calls. And a day or two has gone by. All I know is that smell is makes as though a chemical imbalance especially on a long drive to the custy. I know you have all been through it. Sometimes i am on the prowl to find a spot so i can think again. That smell makes me very angry.  Hits the fan. ESpecially when you cleaned up a custy that had dogs and they looked like they running things at the house. Dammit I gotto drain right now neighbors are sleeping.
thesteammaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesteammaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2011 at 2:23am
The city I live in has a dumping station its worth the money to get rid of it safely then to illegally dump and get a nice fine! Not to mention I live near cranberry bogs I dont think Ocean Spray would like the extra ingredients in their product lol!
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2011 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by thesteammaster thesteammaster wrote:

The city I live in has a dumping station its worth the money to get rid of it safely then to illegally dump and get a nice fine! Not to mention I live near cranberry bogs I dont think Ocean Spray would like the extra ingredients in their product lol!

It is what puts the bubbles in their new carbonated drinks.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2011 at 5:47pm
I see tm guys dumping at the station here in Eugene Oregon.  I am not saying every tm'er does it right all the time, just that I have spotted the vans at the dumping station.

These water treatment plants don't claim to get the chemicals out.  If they did do that, birth control medication wouldn't be in the water wildlife drinks and is resulting in a drop off of the population levels.  My nextdoor neighbor works for one some 35 years before retiring.  They break down organics and rid the water of needles and condoms for example.  Green chemicals that break down into safe products in the water are in my opinion the socially responsible choice for the professional.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
warskull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warskull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/January/2012 at 3:35pm
My work is buying the Titan 575 and a trailer to drop it off at a site, what happens when the recovery tank is full(70-75 gal). Can we use the sinks in janitor rooms/ washroom toilets and sewers? We are suppose to be using green products? What is the run time on a 70-75 gal recovery tank?
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2012 at 2:50pm
Depends what psi your @ and the soil level. I've done almost 2000SFT @ 300psi before it fills on mid nasty carpet. Now with 500psi your lucky to do 1500sft.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2012 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by warskull warskull wrote:

My work is buying the Titan 575 and a trailer to drop it off at a site, what happens when the recovery tank is full(70-75 gal). Can we use the sinks in janitor rooms/ washroom toilets and sewers? We are suppose to be using green products? What is the run time on a 70-75 gal recovery tank?
I would want a 100 gallon tank with a pump out if you are using a trailer. What are you using for fresh water???
Just My opinion
warskull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warskull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2012 at 3:53pm
We are using a trailer( about 20ft long, hitched to a 15-17 ft van) and will be connecting to a building outside water supply. The disposal of the recovery tank water has not been discussed yet, but I have a feeling they will be dumping it down the sewer system( toilets in the buildings wash rooms). The process used to buy this system and trailer is starting from the bottom up, where they buy it, then figure out what any issues later. It will be used at night in a Educational setting( problem with security with doors left open). Also asking workers to step up and volunteer without knowledge of equipment(training later) and no discussion on the wage scale change.
Lars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2012 at 3:50am
What about recycle the water back into the grass or garden?
warskull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warskull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2012 at 10:37am
It is not allowed to dump the waste water on gardens or lawns, especially in a University setting with a lot of environmental forward thinking campusWink 
jtuseo1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtuseo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/March/2013 at 10:09pm
Dump it like a man
SafeTGreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SafeTGreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/April/2013 at 1:52pm
Even though I use eco-friendly carpet cleaning solutions and spotters, I don't know what the guy before me used, so I always use a sanitary sewer inlet. Most houses here have an inlet in the yard if I need an emergency dump, which is seldom.

If you've ever tested the ph after a hydrofluoric-based rust remover has been rinsed for 5-minutes straight - you wouldn't want that stuff going into the water supply.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/April/2013 at 2:47am
Posted: 31/January/2012 at 3:12pm By doug What are you using for fresh water???
Probably fresh water...lol LOL LOL doug LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>