Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Truck mount proven to be second best

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubbleberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/March/2008 at 12:19am
Your right Michael.Already the portable is getting old, lifting it in and out.But I do not think that the truck mount would make much difference to me.I have been operating with just the bonnet cleaning, and love the results, its so easy, no setting up, half the dry time.

Today I did a commercial job, 2 buildings, each with 9 offices,one had decent carpet that had not been cleaned in about two years, the other had really old carpet, that had never been cleaned.

I set up with the porty, he was impressed with the whole CRI gold seal talk, liked that I was able to show him HOT water and great suction,.

Half way thru the better offices I got bored with the wand and pulled out the bonnet machine....its not for all carpets but I tell ya it works,easier,quicker and dryer.

I then went into the reayy bad offices, and the bonnet stripped them down to new, it even took of hard, black,flat chewing gum.

That being said, I foresee a day when I to will move to tm, just because of customer perception, which is a HUGE expense to justify.

First though, I think I will try the rotary drimaster with the porty, and see how that setup works, and impresses.
its only carpet

www.natradry.com

Sponsored Links

bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/March/2008 at 4:59pm
Bubbleberry lets put it this way ask any one that owns a TM if they would give it up for a porty.  You just have to experience it you self to understand. I have a friend that works at the Lamborghini dealership I couldn't even explain how it feels to drive one.  I own a  turbo charged  TA I though it was fast.  So until you can experience the power of a TM you just wont understand.  You can give me all the specks you want it still wont match a TM's power.  I have used a porty for years and will never go back.  Only use it for hight rise now.  As for using a porty for presser washing I didn't know the cobra could do 3000 psi's my mistake. Do you also tell you customers that the Rugdoctor at the grocery store is also CRI Space age approved, so this doesn't mean much to me.  Have you used a porty for airducts?  How much suctions do you have on a 35ft run not much.  I'm not trying to burst you bubble but we are comparing apples and oranges. I do think the King cobra is one of the best portables though.
bubbleberry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubbleberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/March/2008 at 5:56pm
Bryan,.

I agree totally.But its not just about power.I sold Porshes for many years in Europe, but always wanted a Ferarri.One of my customers came in, and offered to let me drive the one he was trying to get rid of.It looked the part, but was a pain in the ass to drive round town, hard to park, uncomfortable, heavy on fuel and cost a mint to service.Just like your truck mount...

I have used the TMS, side by side with a porty and my old faithful, the bonnet.The bonnet cleaned the smile off all of their faces, but I know that there are times that hot water is the ONLY way, and some of the times, truck mount is the ONLY way.

But, having seen them all, used them all, and compared them all, if given the choice I would go like this..

1/ bonnet...easy,quick,low cost
2/ tm.........hot,powerful, easier than the porty, EXPENSIVE TO OWN & OPERATE
3.porty.......PAIN IN THE AS*
its only carpet

www.natradry.com

Robert_EcoDry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert_EcoDry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/March/2008 at 7:07pm
Hey Bubbleberry, what are you using for a bonnet-cleaning prespray? I used to work for Chem-Dry, and their bonnet system is impressive, but there were carpets where HWE was necessary. I'm interested in what you use to break up the dirt in the carpet. 
www.Eco-Dry.net
"Safe for your family, pets and the environment."
info@eco-dry.net
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubbleberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/March/2008 at 7:17pm
Hey Robert.

It all depends on what type of fiber I am dealing with and what type of dirt.

The main ingredient is Hydrogen Peroxide.

To that I add a number of different things depending on the conditions.I had a company develop a product for me.It uses natural surfactants,citrus oils etc.

As the man said, its the secret blend of herbs and spices...
its only carpet

www.natradry.com

FuzzSucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzSucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2008 at 12:39am
be careful with that hydrogen peroxide.  Skull%20&%20Bones

Edited by FuzzSucker - 06/January/2009 at 11:41pm
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2008 at 1:34am
Originally posted by FuzzSucker FuzzSucker wrote:

be careful with that hydrogen peroxide.  Skull%20&%20Bones

It's OK in moderationBig%20smile

The STD Meter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzSucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2008 at 12:18pm
moderation is the key there.

Edited by FuzzSucker - 06/January/2009 at 11:38pm
bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/April/2008 at 1:00am
Bubble I am glad you are a reasonable person.  I again have used both tm and porty never bonnet so don't know about that.  Most people say what they are using is the best thing in the world and have never used any other method. If you look at any of my post I have never said any thing about bonnet due to the fact I have not personally tried it.  Again using a portable for some years then going to a tm, I was like why didn't I do this move long time ago.  So am not so think headed any more, if something cleans better and faster I'm  on board. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzSucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2008 at 12:26am
OP is pretty sweet if you are doing a commercial glue down carpet, knit Berber, or a "lightly soiled" plush carpet.  Plus your not putting hours on your TM if you don't have to. I say get a VLM system and keep it board its overall less expensive than running a TM and way faster than screwing around with a Porty.  If customers want a VLM cleaning and I think its appropriate for their circumstances, I will gladly do it.  

Edited by FuzzSucker - 06/January/2009 at 11:37pm
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2008 at 12:41am
I agree. Match the equipment and method to the job on an individual basisThumbs%20Up

The STD Meter
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubbleberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2008 at 12:47am
Hey Fuzz & Bryan,

I agree with you both.The porty is proving not to be the way to go FOR ME,.It is looking very like a mixture of the bonnet for vlm, & tm for those willing to pay, or for jobs where the bonnet is a no go due to fiber type or customer type.

If its one thing the IICRC course taught me, you do not need a big hammer to drive a small nail.Like you said Bryan, "if something cleans better and faster I'm  on board. "

I am looking at setting up a 2 level price point.

1 is for those who want all the furniture moved, who want the full works, in which case out comes the tm.

The other is for those who want the traffic areas and around the furniture (absloutly know lifting unless they have a disability or are elderly), and for this out comes the bonnet (as long as conditions approve)

Do any of you guys run a 2 tier price model?
Have any of you tried encap?

Bub
its only carpet

www.natradry.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzSucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2008 at 11:38pm
stop it cmaster your making me blush.Embarrassed

Edited by FuzzSucker - 06/January/2009 at 11:36pm
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2008 at 2:20am
OK. No more compliments for youTwig%20Poker

The STD Meter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>