Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

HELP-Buying my first TM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzSucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2008 at 12:05pm
If u have any local dealers around that also has mechanics, like an interlink (I personally don't endorse them).  I would try getting in touch with them. They often take in trades and are always trying to sell them, but they will try to sell you a new one.  Keep in mind they are sales people, and just like at the used car lot haggle, haggle, haggle. You may be able to finagle a deal out of them if you try, maybe even with a mini warranty for 30 days. If you ask they may know someone looking to sell some equipment as well. If you dont have any dealers nearby call your competition.  Many of the big companies have a back up truck or two that they would be willing to part with and may be interested in helping you out.  Some however are A-holes.

If you feel more confident hit the classifieds or search the internet, but try to buy local. Buying a used machine from someone 1000 miles away is in my opinion a pretty scary concept.  So try to buy local so you can see the unit actually running!  Always be careful of the hour meter. Look around the edges and make sure that it was never replaced or tampered with. I will leave more mechanics tips to someone else.

Another option is you can get a new "brand x" unit still under warranty for under ten thousand but it will come from a very small dealer who will have to ship the unit to you.  The long distance of the dealer will make any warranty pretty much bs, because you or the dealer obviously wont pay to ship it back every time something goes wrong. So if you don't live near the dealer, I only would recommend this if you a very handy fellow.

Good luck
Fuzz

PS. They are all pretty simple to operate once you get used to them.  Some are just more convenient to use.

Edited by FuzzSucker - 06/January/2009 at 11:20pm
Sponsored Links

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2008 at 1:01pm
Good info Fuzz..

Eran where in the WI area you from? I'm in Wisconsin.. I know some ccers in the Dane Co. Columbia Co. and Sauk Co. areas... That's the areas i service..

Last year I hooked up my friend with a Spitfire 3.2. He's had a few minor problems..  Nothing serious engine wise.

Knowing a AAA small engine mechanic is a +...
WisconsinCarpet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WisconsinCarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2008 at 2:11pm
Thank you for the useful info FuzzSmile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WisconsinCarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2008 at 2:17pm
Hi John, I'm from Madison.
If u know anyone who can sell me a low price decent one I'll be delighted ;-)
Also if u know a someone who know the equipment, so I could have someone to turn to when something goes wrong....
TNX
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2008 at 3:01pm
Madison..! I have some clients in Madison and the surrounding areas..

Check out Trident in West Allis (Milwaukee area).. They sometimes have used TM's.. Also call Adleman in Milwaukee and see what they have for used TM's.. I would be more than happy to ride down with you to check these out if the time is synchronized. I run a PowerClean Freedom-XT45 and if you would like to ride with me some day we could arrange that also.. Then you will feel the difference..Big%20smile 

By the way.. What porty unit do you run?

Edited by John L - 08/July/2008 at 3:09pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WisconsinCarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/July/2008 at 12:18pm
Hi NeighborSmile ,
Thanks for your advice, I'm gonna get on the phone right now...

I'd love to join you on a ride and see how your TM works, I have never seen one in action... that's my number: 608-6588668 and my email address: eran-eran@hotmail.com,
Unfortunately I'm not too busy....

I got a Mytee 1000-DX2, It gets up to 200 PSI (adjustable), it works pretty good,
although it's no pleasure taking it up and down the stairs...

Hope to hear from u soon..

FuzzSucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzSucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/July/2008 at 8:51pm
hey Wisconsin, come to any conclusions?

Edited by FuzzSucker - 06/January/2009 at 11:16pm
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2008 at 3:28pm
eran.. I located 2 TMs.. HydraMaster Boxxer 421 with 2000hrs for 8K and a ProChem Legend with a little over 3000hrs..?? for $3500 + install cost..
JR Harvey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR Harvey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/July/2008 at 4:49pm
I would suggest just posting which ones you are considering.  When ever you figure that out post it and let us give you are 2 cents.  Many good machines and many bad ones as well.

Harvey Services
Find us at: happyYELLOW.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WisconsinCarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2008 at 11:30pm
Hi John,
Sounds interesting... I'd love to take a look at them

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WisconsinCarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2008 at 11:31pm
I will
TNX
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/August/2008 at 7:23pm
Prochem Blazer XL or a Legend XL would be a great starter unit but i really like prochem
A.K.A.
Andy
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/August/2008 at 8:35pm
Andy I'am also little on the Pro Chem side.
Just My opinion
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/August/2008 at 6:30pm
no way

really??
lol
A.K.A.
Andy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>