Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Marketing and promotion discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2004 at 12:08pm
Oh so I shouldn't  take payment for my services.....listen buddy I see no where here in this ethics book where it says "don't accept cash"
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2004 at 10:51am
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

Adwa...I'm not worried unless you are an auditor from the government...and if you are ....in that case I ment

Johnny Cash you know the singer

That difference from certified cleaners with echics.  They are for hire they are not for sale.  Cash or no cash

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2004 at 1:49am

Adwa...I'm not worried unless you are an auditor from the government...and if you are ....in that case I ment

Johnny Cash you know the singer

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2004 at 9:24pm
      Mr. Steamer I can't beleive you said the CASH word!!!!!!!   
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2004 at 7:15pm

Kool-aid I like te way you operate.......

I do all my neighbours for free every single one on the street....but then I get their sisters, ant's cousins, grand parents, mom and dad, kids...the list goes on and on...it's all about relationships....

I drop my advertising in a few freebees but it pays off ten fold....

I have group cleanings....sometimes we are so busy we have to turn away some work...

I promote me...people want me....I give them me...or mini me(thats my younger brother).....they love us to death.....we love them back

Oh they all pay CASH!

Cash is king!

kool-aid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kool-aid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2004 at 3:22pm
I'd like to see your balance sheets.  It comes down to profit, right?  My best relationship(no sex) brings me in $30,000 a year with absolutly no advertising, except a caramel latte here or there.  My next relationship(no sex, plus I'm not gay) He provided me $12,000.  Again, no advertising except a couple of lunches here and there.  I'm sure your bringing in Lots of money with your advertising campaigns, but what are your profits?  Advertising is great for picking up new relationships, not making profits. How much more money do you make the 2nd time they call compared to the first(again,PROFITS)?  I appreciate your confident opinions, but your wrong on the opinion that the relationship doesn't matter.  What about security?  My customers get other cleaners asking them for business all the time,  They will not change.  WHY IS THAT?  The BIG BOYS in town can't get their business.  The UNDERCUTTERS can't snach them away either.  They're committed to me, and I to them.  It's really nice to only have to service 10 major customers, insted of paying for new ones a thousand times over.   Yellow pages in my opinion are the most stratigic for finding people who are looking for our services.  In this case, your COKE theory is correct.  The copy cat game is just a way to get your company confused with the others.  The unique name and concept will be remembered when the need comes up, not "the steamer guy who was here last time, what was his name again?". (NOT YOU MR. STEAMER, I"M SURE YOU KEEP ALL YOUR CUSTOMERS)
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2004 at 11:34pm
Smile

Edited by nightrider - 22/November/2007 at 11:34am
Monsterclean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monsterclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 10:15pm

Hey Jack, 

I like your style, and I agree with you.   We are not in the carpet cleaning business; we are in the marketing business.  Marketing to one person at a time may feel good, but it's futile.  I reach over 1,000,000 homes with yellow pages advertising.  It costs a lot, but it works.  

I looked into radio, but 40 spots over a one week period cost $1k in my area.  If I owned ten trucks, I might work it into the budget, but for now, it just doesn't make sense.  I am considering a bulletin board ad. Has anyone ever tried bulletin board advertising? 

Barry

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 2:18am

Smile

Edited by nightrider - 22/November/2007 at 11:34am
Americancarpet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americancarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/March/2004 at 11:20pm
I have found that if you use your business card to it's max potential you get fantastic results. Make one side of it a coupon of some sort. You have to give them a reason to call YOU and not your competitor. Give them something worth hanging on to andn as long as you did a good job the first time...they WILL CALL you back when the time comes.
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2004 at 11:51pm

Smile

Edited by nightrider - 22/November/2007 at 11:19am
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2004 at 11:05pm

punk I think not.....but you have to believe in what you sell...if your not selling the best then why are you selling it????

When I walk into a house...like we all do, some of us sell cleaning...I sell an experience....I am damn proud of the job I do...it doesn't matter who I do it for, I'm a carpet whore I'll clean for anyone and everyone.....

Yes I am King...and when I'm in your house your the kings best friend...and you get that royal treatment...

Yes doug's probally forgotten more stuff that I'll ever know...but it was most likely useless stuff...cuz I know my job...I do it the damn best...

there can be more than one best...two best.... three best

But once Mr. Steamer walks through your door, your getting His BEST! and thats the damn BEST!!

Millions served

1 reservice(she was a BEE with an itch)

Mr. Steamer Carpet Cleaner

LeeS. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2004 at 11:13pm

Dream on punk.

Sears hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Who died and may you king??

First you insult Doug, who has forgotten more than you'll ever know.

Now you put yourself over all here. Don't underestimate the world.

I have to admit though, I like your spunk.

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2004 at 6:36pm
I'm just damn good....better than you...you and you!I'm the best...the best of the best.  If I clean your customer, it'll be mine by the end.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>