Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Marketing and promotion discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/February/2005 at 9:53pm
Rick:  If you are charging  a fair market price you do not need add ons to make a profit on the job. It is when you use the carpet cleaning as just an oportunity to sell it comes back to bite you.Guitar
Just My opinion
Sponsored Links

surroundings View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/February/2005 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Rick/Magic Rick/Magic wrote:

you mean like the mass mail bait and switchers...showing up an hour late wearing a "AC/DC' tee shirt, dragging in some grocery store portable machine and "upselling" the second they walk in the door...I get so tickled at seeing all of their ads...with all those disclaimers.

Yeah... I know those guys!

Cheers,

Allen
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2005 at 11:59pm

Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

Rick:  If you are charging  a fair market price you do not need add ons to make a profit on the job. It is when you use the carpet cleaning as just an oportunity to sell it comes back to bite you.Guitar
I agree 100% doug.... I look at my reservice rate... very very low.. I tell people the truth... I don't promise them the moon and I don't sell them to the moon...

if I see a carpet that doesn't need the gard I don't sell the gard...

sometimes I'm a little to honest, when it would have been a few easy bucks

www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2005 at 8:33am
Your a good man Steamer. There are few of us left.Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2005 at 9:16am

Doug the customers love me......I clean most with no complaints and a lot of referral and return business.

For a big name my sales are way to low... 50% up sell is the min....they would love to fire me.... but it's hard to get rid of someone that can clean and is a crowd pleaser

www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2005 at 9:21am
They would replace but they don't know what you are yet?Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2005 at 2:26pm

it's been about 10 years doug....

I'm a man that is willing to work for the devil... thats the only way one can be intoduced to true evil

www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2005 at 2:49pm

Mr. Steamer went down to the GTA

He was looking for a sole to steal

He was in a bind and a way behind

And he needed to make deal

The devil said my neame is Earl

And it might be a sin

But I will only tell you once you son of a gun

I am the BEST THRE HAS EVER BEENGuitar

Edited by doug
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2005 at 3:00pm
 couldn't have said it better myself
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2005 at 4:04pm
Well I if you don't believe me ask Steamer?Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2005 at 4:50pm
It's great to work for yourself... but it's also great to get all that experience with all the calls the big guys get
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2005 at 9:52am
Mr.Steamer: You are right SGK is a real winner?Guitar
Just My opinion
Americancarpet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americancarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2005 at 11:29am
I make a nice profit without having to upsell. If I don't think they need protectant then I don't try and sell it to them. One of the major problems with this industry today is high pressure sales. People call companies because they offer a good job at a fair price and then when they show up to clean all they want to do is sell you extra stuff. That leaves a VERY BAD taste in a customers mouth and gives the overall industry a bad reputation. Kinda like a used car salesman......not all of them are golddiggers and not all are out to cheat you but the stigma that has followed the profession has haunted them for many years. I'm not saying that you shouldn't try to upsell a little but don't try and take the person to the "cleaners" (no pun intended) with the charges. Rather than sell them something they don't really need....try selling them something they DO need. Like a service plan! 
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2005 at 12:13pm

Well said AC....  no one like a hostage in their own home....  Tech's pressure sell because it makes the boss happy...

300% and 400% upsell makes everyone happy except the customer, that will most likely never use your service again

www.mr-steamer.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>