Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Water Damage and Fire Damage Restoration Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Carpet Dry, but pad still damp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
FirstTimeHomeOwner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FirstTimeHomeOwner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/January/2009 at 5:57pm
Please help!!  I'm a first time homeowner with little DIY knowledge.  I'm not sure if this forum is only for carpet cleaners--if it is, I apologize, but I have a question about service I'm receiving now. 

I recently had a drain back up and had the majority of the carpet in my large finished basement soaked.  The next day a cleaner arrived, pulled up one corner, tucked a huge blower underneath, and the carpet flapped and dried in less than two days.  However, he's coming tomorrow while I'm at work to collect his equipment, but as of right now the carpet pad is still damp.  Now, it's nowhere near as saturated as it once was, but there is a blue film facing up on the pad foam and it seems to be keeping the moisture in.  It feels damp to the touch underneath and there is the faintest smell of mildew if I run my finger across the bottom of the concrete floor under the pad.  My question--will this dry on its own, or should I have him leave the blower, possibly adding another.  Should he put a blower underneath the pad, too?  Should he spray it with fungicide or some other treatment?  I hope he doesn't leave me with a wet pad!

My other concern--if the pad can't be saved, can I cut out the affected portion (a little over half of the carpet) and replace the pad if the carpet is salvageable?  Or is it necessary to replace both?  Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated, and please don't hesitate to ask if you need more details or have questions. 
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12