Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Spinning Brushes or Rotating Brushes?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonTheProfessional Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spinning Brushes or Rotating Brushes?
    Posted: 11/January/2009 at 1:13am
I'm helping my Mom buy a retail carpet cleaner.

Today we bought this one, http://www.hoover.ca/db/xq/asp.CADetail.k0/kID.6002/key.001002/ItemCode.F5914950/qx/SteamVacWithCleanSurge.htm

My roomate owns this one and I've used it myself many times and I think it's a good little unit.

However, at our place the carpet is more of a high pile while here at my Mom's its very low pile, "economical" type of carpet.

My question is, will the spinning brushes of the hoover be able to get into the more rigid and more tightly packed fibers of her type of carpet?  Even though it works great on my carpet, does that also mean that it will work well on hers?  Would we be better off with the more "rotating" type of brush? 

I will say this, this more rotating type of brush does seem to have more rigid brissels than the spinning brushes, so it got me to thinking that this might be better for my mom's type of carpet.  The only thing is, the Bissell brand of cleaners seem to be really cheaply constructed, but they do have pretty stiff brissells that seem like they may get into tougher, more rigid carpeting better.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.

:)

Edited by LeonTheProfessional - 11/January/2009 at 1:15am
Sponsored Links

duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/January/2009 at 6:45pm
Have you thought of trying your unit on your mom's carpet to test the results?

Of course the retail units were really designed for quickly getting to a spill and not capable of doing what the professional systems do in the hands of an experienced technician.  But if you are barely getting by in life financially I can say the retail units are better than doing nothing.  If your family lives paycheck to paycheck look on craigslist for a used one. 
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
 Post Reply Post Reply