Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Re: Problem with Hydra II Pump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batista23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Re: Problem with Hydra II Pump
    Posted: 22/January/2009 at 10:19am

This is my first post hear so first of all I would like to say Hi

I have a hydro II pump on a spit fire

The pump is not producing any pressure what so ever on the solution line or the gage

The mixer tank is full and when you take the inlet hose off of the HP pump there is water flow going into the pump

I have a hunch that it may be the way the inlet hose is plumbed up

I have a manual but it's not rely enough detail

Any suggestions on this one most appreciated

Thanks

Batista

Sponsored Links

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/January/2009 at 1:23pm
Do you have any leaks under the unit.. There's 2 pressure hoses underneath right behind the front panel blue and yellow.. ck to see if they are on tight.. When looking at the spit go to the left and look inside for them.. UnhappyCry

Also could be your water dema solenoid not engaging or clogged.. Pump seals might be worn..Pressure Regulator (unloader) is defective.. Quickdisconnect on the front is malfunctioning.. UnhappyCry

Big%20smile Cool Big%20smile  Other TMers should chime in.. Big%20smile Cool Big%20smile

Edited by John L - 22/January/2009 at 1:30pm
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/January/2009 at 8:24am
i think that about covers it?
Just My opinion
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/January/2009 at 12:03pm

Are the belts worn???? Could be slipping..!  Ahhhh!!  Cry  Ahhhh!!

Batista23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batista23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/January/2009 at 5:36pm

Thanks for the technical input John

I think the drive belt from the blower and engine looks OK

The only solenoid I know about is the chem/high tem solenoid located on the inlet of the mixer tank witch is not present

I have coupled up a garden hose to the inlet of the pump.

Turned the tap on force feed the water and found 2 leaks one on the out let quick connector of the machine which was faulty and I have now replaced and the other there was a crack on a ¼ to 1/8 reducing nut on the pressure gage; I have relocated the gage for the time being and with the garden hose system it still shows no pressure on the gage with or with out the machine running

Now if I disconnect the 2 out let hoses on the pump rig up the garden hose to the inlet, with the tap on you will see water coming out of the outlet hoses with the machine in the off position.

Now I run the machine and there is still water coming out of the outlets however if I rev the machine up the pressure dose not increase  

Now when I turn the machine off with the tap running note there is still water coming out of the outlets on the pump; then I turn the tap off disconnect the garden hose and connect the hose from the mixer tank to the inlet take it off to remove any air blockage there is a steady flow of water coming through the hose; reconnect it back up start the machine and there is no water coming out of the out let port on the pump

The original pluming had a 3/8 to 5/8 reducing nipple connected to a ¾ tail fitting going into the inlet port and therefore a ¾” hose going into the inlet from the mixer tank

The system now has 5/8 tail going into the inlet port and therefore a 5/8” hose going into the inlet from the mixer tank

Is it possible a 5/8” hose and not a ¾” hose is casing the problem or is it something a lot more dramatic

Bstista

Batista23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batista23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/January/2009 at 6:03pm

PS

Basically by removing the out let hoses from the pump I have bypassed everything after the pump so therefore the problem must be within the pump or before the pump

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/February/2009 at 10:50pm
Bat did ya figure it out??????? 

Big%20smileSmileTongueWinkCryLOLDeadEmbarrassedConfusedClapAngryOuchStarShockedSleepyUnhappyApproveCoolBig%20smile
 Post Reply Post Reply