Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Please help me in choosing web hosting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0asis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help me in choosing web hosting
    Posted: 29/January/2009 at 7:46am
Hi everyone,
I am sorry for possible offtopic, but I need your help in find new web hosting provider as soon as possible, because my current host (bluehost.com) is kicking me off, they say 'your account is using a lot server resources', but my website gets only about 200 visitors per day and my disk usage is 1500 MB (maybe they do not like that?)

Anyway, what would be your recommendations for getting reliable web hosting? Where are you hosting your websites? Are you happy with your providers?

I am now checking http://www.hosting24.com/ - offer looks very nice, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
I have contacted them about this question and they say something that "These days 500GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will run out of disk space we will simply add new 500GB disk drive with almost zero costs and you can continue uploading without any problems".

What do you think about it? Maybe things have changed in last 4 years? With my current provider I get only 2GB of disk space for $10 per month..
Any ideas and suggestions are much appreciated.

Sponsored Links

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/January/2009 at 10:41am
Go to Andrechelle.com

They will give you all the space you need for about $20/month
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
luvsnow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvsnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/January/2009 at 2:27pm
I use Yahoo to host all of my websites and have never had a problem with them in 3.5 years. About a year ago they decided to give you unlimited storage space which was a huge plus. You get a lot of email accounts for your domain at no extra charge, which other providers charge you extra for.

My one website gets billed monthly for $13.94 and the others get billed quarterly for $38.95. I use private domain registration, so if you don't use that your cost will be less than mine.

They also give you a free website builder to build your site, but you can use DreamWeaver or FrontPage to build your website if you want. You just have to import the site into sitebuilder and then upload it to the yahoo server through sitebuilder.

I've noticed that if you have your web hosting with Yahoo, you seem to get favored better in the yahoo search engine. Maybe it's just the way I'm using my meta and description tags, but I doubt it.
jaymark1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaymark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/February/2009 at 1:42pm
I use office live.  It was free to sign up, and I believe it is 15 dollars a year now.  its not as great as maybe yahoo or some professional website, but most people cant tell the difference.  For being microsoft, they are really great, they offer support for free, and great reports on site usage..
I dont predict the future or sell glides, am I allowed on this site?
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/February/2009 at 2:39pm
If you aren't blocking your images from use by other sites, if you have any media on your site, if your site is under attack from the outside, if someone cracked your site and has a file uploaded that others are downloading - these can all be contributing factors to a small site experiencing high levels of traffic.  Also, scripts on your site can, if not properly written to force a shutdown of their processes, become resource hogs.  Running cronjobs too often can do the same.  In some hosting companies they will actually delete the scripts, remove the cronjobs and the files serving as resource hogs and either not tell you or tell you do not use them again.  Ask them to tell you specifically which are the problems files or processes and ask them if you can have those removed and maintain your hosting.  Bluehost is a great hosting company started by the Communitech guys after HostPro bought them for their customer base and terminated everyone.  They have very robust hosting solutions.

If problems persist with your web content, you may need to pay for a dedicated server through someone like servermatrix.com where only your site will ever be effected but if you use too much bandwidth you may be billed for hundreds of dollars per month over and above the alloted bandwidth.

Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
 Post Reply Post Reply