Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Commercial Olefin Cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Commercial Olefin Cleaning
    Posted: 14/September/2004 at 12:56am

Ok! Using a Bonnet pad cleaning not the nice heavy bonnet but the commercial flat pad with green stripes we get results. Since we have finally got a TM we used a rotovac and got major brownout callback the next day which we used a bonnet pad as described above to resolve this embarrasment our jaws hit the ground when we seen the grey carpet turn brown all over the place.

Therefore my question on olefin or commercial carpet using tm what other detergent can we use to resolve this knowing that we used excessive water. The rotovac is not good for olefin carpet. Just my opinion!

I do know using hatian cotten uphostery cleaner on upholstery my understanding is you do not get brownout on white furniture. SAFE

Sponsored Links

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/September/2004 at 2:11am
Rotovac cleans good, but uses too much water for olefin ond most commercial carpet. Get a glide wand and use an acid side rinse, and you will have no problems with them.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
surroundings View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/September/2004 at 5:12am
From 77748: 

Therefore my question on olefin or commercial carpet using tm what other detergent can we use to resolve this knowing that we used excessive water. The rotovac is not good for olefin carpet. Just my opinion!

Well... wouldn't you turn down your pressure & use an acid post-spray?  Sorry if that sounds too simplistic, but after 7 months, I've not had this issue.

-Allen
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/September/2004 at 10:24am

Acid rinse or Acid post spray it is. Actually it was with the rotovac and portable we had the problems. We will use the glide wand as instead. We have noticed a great difference with the portable wand we have versus the glide we received with the tm.

Just a dumb question if we did use the tm with a glide wand with the pressure down with no acid rinse does anyone do that.

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/September/2004 at 10:49am
Using a rotary tool on a glued downed olefin I think is uneccessary.  The weight of the olefin will play a major part in the success of the tool.  The subfloor is also a major concern if it is uneven.  We use agitation a high ph and maybe we a lucky we have had not problems.  We believe in the KISS method for our daily cleaning chores and find it usually works. (KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID.) Somtimes because you have all those marvelous expensicve tools a simple wand will do the trick.Guitar
Just My opinion
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/September/2004 at 5:54pm
commercial carpets all react different it also depends on the amount of air flow.... the less water the better.  I might use the brush on my rotor machine if the carpet can handle it...or maybe pads all depends... then I'll steam at 200 psi no rinse... all the while air movers on to start drying right away
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/September/2004 at 11:57pm
Padding also works well on this type of carpet, but I would not use that method myself if you were doing a large job over a few thousand sq ft.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
surroundings View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/September/2004 at 2:45am
Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

Using a rotary tool on a glued downed olefin I think is uneccessary.

Possibly.... HOWEVER....I had an accountant's office to do that took up the complete 13th floor (side note: unlike the US, Australians have a 13th floor... it was one of the biggest shocks when I moved over here.)

It was glue-down olifin that pretty much stretched out across half a city block.  It had never had a clean.  It was 15 years old.

Guess what tool I used? 

Yeah, you probabally meant that as a general statement....

-Allen

ps:  I've spoken with a lot of people who have ony used a wand that seem to reject power tools such as the RX  (this is not in response to your post, Doug).  I've been told that I'd never use it on residential, glue-down, or polyprop... but I do.

Is it needed?  Dunno.  It's easier for me.

77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/September/2004 at 2:51am
What do you mean by padding? Never heard of that term.
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/September/2004 at 11:22am
Please show the pad machine , Ted.
WESTDEVIL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTDEVIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2004 at 12:36am

I have been using Padman's  Oscillating machine successfully on quite a few Olefins after I bought his machine 3 months ago. After I pre-spray, I let the VLM dwell for 10 to 15 minutes and for this type of carpet I squeeze the pad more than usual before throwing it on the carpet. When I have done 400 SQF and start another area I can actually see the first area drying before my eyes. No problems with wickbacks that way. Besides the method cleans really well.

Westdevil
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2004 at 6:42pm

Originally posted by Superglide Ken Superglide Ken wrote:

Please show the pad machine , Ted.

Click here for video

Be sure your browser has the latest version of a program called Flash or you will have problems viewing the video. 

Edited by Carpetologist
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2004 at 7:18pm
 Ted you're the best at graphics
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2004 at 7:36pm

Padding utilizes the OP machine like shown in Kens crafty video..LOL

I loved it Ken.

Now as to bonnet padding with your green stripe, try doing the same thing even with a rotary using a cotton terri pad, then compare the amount of soil removed, it will amaze you.

Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>