Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Scotchgard and Teflon Fabric Protection
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Dupont Teflon Advanced

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote researcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dupont Teflon Advanced
    Posted: 04/March/2004 at 12:11pm

Has anyone here tried Dupont Teflon Advanced carpet and upholstery protector? Just wondering if there's any feedback on the product...

Sponsored Links

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2004 at 9:03pm

My personal opinion is that Dupont Teflon & 3M Scotchguard are as good as each other. Most likely the best in the marketplace. What small company would have the resources to come up with better products? But SCOTCHGUARD is a buzz word that 3M has created just like Coca-Cola. Name recognition.

If I was selling hamburgers I'd want my sign to read McDonald's. You may notice that many cleaners say their product is LIKE Scotchguard or better.

This is a name that self sells.

researcher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote researcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2004 at 9:26am
How do you guys feel about Teflon carpet protector? Dupont is looking for a partner to take this stuff into the grocery stores. How badly can the average consumer screw this up?
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2004 at 10:46pm

They could over wet...making the carpets starchy....white furniture brown out...doing great damage....

you know how the customer thinks more is better...and less is just plain ripping me off....so yanno they'll soak it

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2004 at 10:20pm

Take my advice, I know what I'm talking about.........listen to Ted the Carpetologist and CEO of KleenKuip. When Ted speaks..........Everybody listens............Ted really knows his hambergers.........when he says he would want the McDonalds sign outside his door.......he's a man of action.

LET'S ALL MEET AT MCDONALDS, THANKS TED

JACK FROM MONTREAL       AKA     NIGHTRIDER

WESTDEVIL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTDEVIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2004 at 2:09am

Can you tell the difference just by looking if a carpet has been protected........lately ? If you had the carpets in your house protected how would you change the frecuency of deep cleaning them ? I assume that dirt accumulates no matter how protected a carpet is and must be extracted periodically. Is that right ? Or does protecting repel dirt and stains at different  levels of intensity ?

And last does a pad cleaning, or TM cleaning or portable cleaning take away the Teflon or Scotchguard.  Thanks.

Westdevil
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2004 at 4:28pm

Do you know why no one likes to give information???because you could be wrong...lol

I can't tell the difference...just by looking at a carpet ...I can tell you if I'm cleaning...lol

The average carpet with Gard should still be cleaned at least once a year...less with number of people in the house...even less with pets...

Dirt does accumulate no matter how protected the carpet is...but if the customer has gard and vacs daily a lot more of those dry dirt particles will be sucked away...

If the Carpet is a thick ouncage ie 70+ oz carpet with gard it is more likely to repel dirt and stains better than a 35 oz carpet with gard...

only 5-15% of gard is removed during cleaning...but gard is also lost in high traffic area just from walking and the friction transfer

please someone correct me if I'm wrong

Edited by MR. STEAMER
WESTDEVIL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTDEVIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/May/2004 at 12:08pm

Thanks Mr Steamer. Interesting concepts. I just wrote some facts from your answer and one of them is that probably a person would be re-garding  a carpet from 2 to 4 years from the first protection date. That is if you ad all those %'s you mention: 5-15% taken away from cleaning, and let's say 15 to 30% taken away from traffic depending on how much traffic.  Dry vacuum of course has to be done probably as frequently as a non-garded carpet. Soil gets into both inevitably.

Westdevil
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/May/2004 at 8:08pm
I guess I was right.... or no one knows

Edited by MR. STEAMER
fastone1979 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fastone1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/October/2005 at 11:03pm
Our firm uses dupont teflon.   We have had very good success with it.   They started out using scotchguard and had a few problems with the carpet getting stiff so they swithched to teflon and have not had any problems since.   just wipe off all those baseboards and furniture.
every job is a self portrait of yourself! So autograph it with quality!
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/October/2005 at 11:06pm

[  just wipe off all those baseboards and furniture. [/QUOTE]

What the hell kind of amatures work for this company??

Just My opinion
fastone1979 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fastone1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2005 at 10:44pm
doug what are you talking about?    I hope you are kidding
every job is a self portrait of yourself! So autograph it with quality!
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2005 at 5:15pm
don't mind doug
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2005 at 7:00pm
I am confused about the wipe off baseboard and furniture part. Why would you have to do that?
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>