Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

What do you guys do about your garden hose?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atlantis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you guys do about your garden hose?
    Posted: 23/July/2009 at 11:14am
This is probably my biggest pain in the ass. I get the light weight ones that are easy to carry on a reel and they last about 2 weeks. I get the heavy duty ones and they are bulky and heavy as hell (and a PAIN to reel up). What do you guys use?

I've thought about adding another reel to my hose reel but it would take up too much space. Right now I can fit 4 evolutions and 10 blowers in the empty space and I LOVE it like that!

What I'd really like is a hose reel that mounts on the floor on the side of the machine that's automatic like in a mechanics shop. I saw one mounted to the side of a home depot one. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2009 at 1:40pm
What's the garden hose for? I only used it for my apo's.  The only other time is if I had to carry my water softeners . 
Just My opinion
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2009 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

What's the garden hose for? I only used it for my apo's.  The only other time is if I had to carry my water softeners . 

Its for guys who dont carry onboard water..
I use rubber goodyear garden hose.. Light weight easy to manage.. Wink
Atlantis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atlantis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2009 at 10:24pm
I have a 100 gallon fresh water tank but I'll go through it in two jobs. It's much easier to just plug into a garden hose and only fill it up if I absolutely have to use it. I don't do apartments anymore though.. WAY too much pain in the ass. I've hit some good apartments but the majority.. CHEAP. They think because it's a smaller area they should pay less. They don't realize it takes twice as long to set up and another 15 minutes to fill the fresh water tank!!!!

Here's a funny story. I was running a special, three rooms for $59 dollars. Cheap, I know, but it was February and I was hungry!

I get to the apartment and it's 5 rooms. It's funny how people just ignore the coupons, even though they want to use them ;). "Liv/Din areas counted as two areas". It was a nice size apt too...she had a large entry way and 2 full size walk in closets that she "forgot" to mention.So we got into it about the areas being cleaned. "well, they didn't tell me that on the phone". "well, it's clearly printed on the coupon".

ANYWAY, so she wants me to start cleaning. OK. I do, and I agree to only clean the two bedrooms and the living room as stated on the ticket. So what does she do? SHE CALLS THE OFFICE! I kid you not! I saw my cell phone ring and I just chuckled.

"Umm, you're guy is here and he isn't cleaning what we agreed upon"

"Well, ma'am, I'm sorry to hear about that, what did we agree upon?"

"We agreed the entire apartment would be cleaned for $59"

"Let me have a look. OK. I see, you have our 3 room special. How many rooms do you have?"

"I have three. A livingroom and 2 bedrooms"

"Do you have any entry ways, walk in closets and is it a livingroom dining room combo?"

"Umm, yea"

"Well as you can see on the coupon, those areas are extra"

"Well, I've been very inconvenienced by your company! First, I've been waiting for 2 whole ours for your guy to get here. Then once he finally does he had to go get water and that took another 20 minutes!"

"Ma'am, we have a 2 hour window, that's why we call 30 minutes prior to coming out. I'll tell you what, I'll have them pack up and you don't owe us anything"

"No, I want my apartment cleaned and I want to be taken care of for the inconvenience. I waited TWENTY MINUTES for them to get water".

"Well ma'am, I called you before I came out, you didn't give us an apartment number so I had no idea it was an apartment until I got here, I'm doing the job for $59, it's taken me 45 minutes to drive to you, 20 minutes to fill up the fresh water tank and another hour to clean, PLUS I've been on the phone with you now for 10 minutes and the longer I'm on the phone with you the longer it's going to take me to clean. So I can either pack up and you don't owe us anything or I can do the best job humanly possible for you on the three areas for $59 or $99 for the entire apartment. Which would you like?"

"You mean, you're in my apartment now?"

"Yes, ma'am, I am the owner and between the cost of advertising, the time it took to drive out here, the time it took to fill up the fresh water tank, the time I've spend talking and the time I'm spending cleaning, I'm actually losing money. But I'm doing so with a smile and I'm still giving you the best cleaning possible"

Later she walks in with this look on her face like you wouldn't believe. Last apartment I'll ever do!
westcovina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westcovina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2011 at 1:33pm
I have been having good luck withe the ones made by Firestone. But I am in Cali and not dealing with real cold weather.
 Post Reply Post Reply