Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Padman�s System vs. Bonnet #2 Video

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rmarkham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmarkham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2004 at 4:51pm
As a janitor using a buffer for years and looking for a viable system for residential I believe Op will be part of the pie .I have learned from the other boards (ICS,CCS,) that the more tools in the toolbox the better.I will open the res arm of our business in July of 2005 ,so tests like the one you did continue to convince me that I cannot be a one method cleaner.Thanks for all your help and know that there are some of us that do benefit from these demonstrations.But I will say that until I am able to add all the tools i want Op is the best method and probably will always be my primary method .
Sponsored Links

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2004 at 4:58pm

We cleaned primarily residential for the first 28 years in business, sure we did a few commecials but not many, now we do a LOT of commercials.

Op used to be SLOWER than bonneting, however with the advancement of the Conqueror and the faster cleaning PLUS the use of encapsulants WITH PADS, OP is not only more effective than bonnet, it is now FASTER.

WE have always won the which one cleans better tests, however until 2-3 years ago we did not win the which one cleans better AND faster tests, NOW we do.

I have not approached SM however had ChemDry gone to OP they would have never gone to Velda nor to HWE in any fashion.

Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2004 at 9:25pm
should use a Cotton bonnet for the comparison IMO.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2004 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Carpetologist Carpetologist wrote:

Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

It all depends on the rotary machine... the general is a real light machine.. I wanna see the op against a service master dead weight rotor machine

Steamer,

This system would leave a Service Master rotary behind in the dust. Think of the fun you could have and the mouths that would drop if you pad cleaned over a bonnet system.

Incidentally the General used in the video was 78 lbs. heavy metal shroud construction. Something tells me the OP unit was probably lighter in weight.

I believe the SM Machine is at least 110 lbs... I've used the general many times and it's way lighter than my SM machine... The general will bounce off carpet... the SM won't...SM heavier more contact ..more soil being removed

The Op is lighter with brush action and a higher rate of RPM, thats why the pad has to be thin for the brush action...

I think if a bonnet where to be modified in combination with the rotor brush...and maybe even re-wind the winding of the motor to give it a little more rpm a bonnet machine could do the same job...

see what you all seem to forget OP has those brushes... The OP has an unfair advantage you can compare stir fry to steak now can we

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2004 at 11:11pm
You do not understand op SteamMan, we have pad drivers with or without brushes, that is NOT what makes the difference, it is the ocsillation the moving around the fibers on all sides at all times that makes it clean better, plus oscillation digs, rotary floats, no matter what you do pad or bonnet wise you will not and can not achieve OP results. I know, I started with rotary.
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2004 at 11:47pm
Oscillation is what is required for the best cleaning action, period. Without that you are just mostly cleaning one side of the fiber like bonnet cleaners do. Every contest that has ever been done, the bonnet will always lose.

Edited by Superglide Ken
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2004 at 11:55pm

I was in the shop 5 minutes after the test was performed, just missed you gmoney.

Ted did you do the bucket test with the dirty pad and bonnet as I suggested??

Bjørn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjørn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2004 at 2:00am
I guess it comes down to that canadians are cheap

Whats the difference between a canadian and a canoe?

A canoe tips!
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2004 at 1:11pm

Ignoring Bjorn.....

Padman so you say its the osiliation.... ok Ted should have done the test just pad against bonnet to brush underneath the op...

I also like to see OP pad vs Bonnet in a bucket of water... which will absorb more water...

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2004 at 3:52pm
It is like depends, Mr Steamer. The cotton pad with the lock away core is always the thirstier, quicker picker upper.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2004 at 5:53pm

So ken you think that little skinny pad will hold more than a bonnet???

cmon Ted do the Demo...lol

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2004 at 6:10pm

Steamer, why don't you TEST for yourself? You don't have a propensity for believing others so TEST man.

First off padders go through quite a few MORE pads than a rotary guy does bonnets.

If you do not understand the concept of absorbtion and cottons drawing power, then you will never understand.

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2004 at 7:36pm
Interesting how many people want to shun pad and bonnet cleaning. And yet this post has had 341 views in 2 days.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2004 at 7:51pm

Padman no need to get upset... I'm just asking questions... if OP is the topic then OP is the topic... I know you educate hundreds of people a day and you have probally made post explaining the system 1000's of times..

We can see the OP is good ...but why is it good???

what makes cotton more absorbant?? these are things I don't know???

Don't feel that I'm attacking I'm just fact finding

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>