Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

truckmount or portable?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2010 at 6:50pm
Jack I am now in the home inspection Biz. Still relaxing a bit also. took the schooling and am now out on a new journey.  Keep waiting for you to mail me your Les Paul??????Guitar
Just My opinion
Sponsored Links

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2010 at 9:30pm
I can send you a pic but not the real thing, I don't play that much anymore but would never sell it, rather hang in on a wall and just look at it. I'll get a pic up on here soon.

Nightrider
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2010 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Alexarz Alexarz wrote:

Do you honestly think that most customers care at all about the difference between a truckmount or portable? If one guy gets their carpet perfectly clean and it dries very quickly, do you think they are going to second guess what equipment he used? The fact is, performance between a truckmount and a high powered portable is close enough that other factors become more important.

I think the difference between truck and portable is the only thing the customer knows.  Those who know want bigger and better, most want TRUCKMOUNT.  Most feel a portable is something they can rent themselves.

www.mr-steamer.com
Alexarz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/October/2010 at 7:31am
Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

Instead of doing research on Nightrider, you should have done research on yourself and the cleaning industry, this way at this time you would not be in a situation of not knowing what to do with a truckmount that sits in your driveway with no work.

I learned many many years ago, that people who boast about what they have.......... HAVE NOTHING.  That's what you have, if you want to prove me and this forum wrong, post a pic of your fantasy truck with this months front page of a newspaper, and let's check on your credibility.

Nightrider
Trust me, you don't want me to show proof of what I have or it will likely make you cry and feel like an internet jerkoff.
Alexarz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/October/2010 at 7:34am
When I bought the Everest, I thought it would help me close sales. It didn't. I would tell people that it had 650 cfm, nearly 300 degrees of heat etc. and it went in one ear and out the other. We have only been using portables a few months and only one customer made a remark about it and even he changed his tune once he saw how well the carpet came out. I'm not using some 2 stage entry level Ninjas here.
prouddadx3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prouddadx3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/October/2010 at 1:01pm
Night Rider has a point in that marketing our business is probably more important than the machine or tools we use. So if you can make your portable system look good to possible clients, go for it. You will be in competition with a bunch of truckmounts and they will try to steal your future clients by showing off their equipment. Testimonials, industry knowledge, and  guarantees also play a huge roll in acquiring new clients its not just about the equipment.
Grutzy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grutzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/October/2010 at 3:46pm
He will be in competition with a bunch of truckmounts? Did you not see that he has a ProChem Everest? Most customers do not even know the difference between truckmount, portable, rotary , dry cleaning or whatever. They hear lots of "I have the best" no matter who they call so it loses its meaning.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/October/2010 at 3:50pm

When I bought the Everest, I thought it would help me close sales. It didn't. I would tell people that it had 650 cfm, nearly 300 degrees of heat etc. and it went in one ear and out the other. We have only been using portables a few months and only one customer made a remark about it and even he changed his tune once he saw how well the carpet came out. I'm not using some 2 stage entry level Ninjas here.

1 customer in a few months? Wait until you use them for 25yrs.. By the way can you show all of us pics of your setups? Post it in the CarpetCleaningHangout under

Do you by chance promote for John Lababa? Seems like you do! Confused
Alexarz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/October/2010 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

It is very simple minded to make such an assumption just because I recently bought an M5 and booster. I even criticized both in some areas, although my overall impression of the machines is very good. I do not know John LaBarbera at all.
LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/October/2010 at 1:04pm
I am selling the home I am in and had my company come and clean my carpets.
I am pissed they did not use a truckmount.
My carpets are soft from the cleaning BUT a couple of areas where we walk with no shoes or socks still show a loss of texture that I am sure would have come out with the high heat of a truckmount. The carpets were also damp in a couple of areas overnight.
There is no doubt in my mind that TM is where its at. However you need to reach a different pricepoint to make it profitable.
Alexarz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/October/2010 at 7:18pm
Lay off the pot.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/October/2010 at 8:24pm

When I bought the Everest, I thought it would help me close sales. It didn't. I would tell people that it had 650 cfm, nearly 300 degrees of heat etc. and it went in one ear and out the other. We have only been using portables a few months and only one customer made a remark about it and even he changed his tune once he saw how wet the carpet came out. I'm not using some 2 stage entry level Ninjas here.
WGAS!  
it is very simple minded to make such an assumption just because I recently bought an M5 and booster. I even criticized both in some areas, although my overall impression of the machines is very good. I like John LaBarbera, all of him.! Butt Shake

Hey, Just asking a simple question to a simple minded person?

Alexarz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/October/2010 at 9:18pm

When I bought the Everest, I thought it would help me close sales. It didn't. I would tell people that it had 650 cfm, nearly 300 degrees of heat etc. and it went in one ear and out the other. We have only been using portables a few months and only one customer made a remark about it and even he changed his tune once he saw how wet the carpet came out. I'm not using some 2 stage entry level Ninjas here.
WGAS!  
it is very simple minded to make such an assumption just because I recently bought an M5 and booster. I even criticized both in some areas, although my overall impression of the machines is very good. I like John LaBarbera, all of him.! Butt Shake

Hey, Just asking a simple question to a simple minded person?

It is very simple minded to write a statement and follow it with a question mark. Let me guess; you did not get such high grades in English class.
For the record, we have been enjoying excellent dry times with the Mytee M5 + AirHog Booster.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/October/2010 at 7:09pm
unfortunately the everest cannot run itself because apparently you can't either as that machine should sell itself? Never send a boy to do a man's job?
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>