Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Use’s for household chemicals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote long1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Use’s for household chemicals
    Posted: 05/January/2005 at 10:22pm
.What stains will alcohol remove?
2.What stains will peroxide remove?
3.What stains will vinegar remove?
3.And can I add fabric softner to my extraction chemical to soften water?
4.What brand of fabric softner to use and what brand of extraction detergent to use?

Jonathan

Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/January/2005 at 10:38pm
Are you serious?Guitar
Just My opinion
Lisa Smith View Drop Down
Cute Buns
Cute Buns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2005 at 12:20am

What stains will alcohol remove?

Ink, alcohol is a light VDS type solvent and any light petroleum based spots can often be removed. The 92% or higher strengths are better. Try mixing it with mineral spirits for an inexpensive and powerful VDS. Smells awful, though.

2.What stains will peroxide remove?

Blood, urine, other organic stains. Use 3% household to spray dingey cotton upholstery and rug fringes and set in the sun. Brightens well, but using too much or too strong can cause deterioration of the cotton, Use sparingly. 20 vol. works well on blood and urine in synthetic carpet. After using it on blood, rinse and treat with rust remover to keep the blood stain from reappearing. Mix with ammonia (we mix it 50/50) for homemade Stain Magic, use the exact same way as Stain Magic.

3.What stains will vinegar remove?

It will sometimes adjust ph shift, and works well as a mild dye set for rugs and upholstery that bleed (glacial acetic acid works better though), It will often remove browning, but it smells really bad, so use something that is made for the purpose.
4.What brand of fabric softner to use and what brand of extraction detergent to use? because of the stink, I don't use vinegar much.

Lisa Smith View Drop Down
Cute Buns
Cute Buns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2005 at 12:24am

No, It is highly residual. Resoiling would be terrible.

4.What brand of fabric softner to use and what brand of extraction detergent to use?

That depends upont the fiber and construction of the carpet, the level and type of soiling, whether the carpet still is under the Stainmaster warrantee, and the method of cleaning. I probably carry 50 different chems in my truck, and rarely use the same mix on two different carpets. Each one gets a custom mix.

Take care,

Lisa

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2005 at 7:39am

You can't us frbric softener on stain resist carpets. Most carpets constructed after 1985 I believe. Who decides if the carpet is under warrtanty?Guitar

Just My opinion
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2005 at 9:12am
I prefer the softener in the dryer rather than the wash.If I want it on the carpet, Prochems All Fiber Rinse does a great job.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2005 at 12:01pm
just use whatever is under the customers sink
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2005 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Superglide Ken Superglide Ken wrote:

I prefer the softener in the dryer rather than the wash.If I want it on the carpet, Prochems All Fiber Rinse does a great job.
You shouldn't piss in the wind but it doesn't stop some people....lol
www.mr-steamer.com
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2005 at 2:28pm
You do that too, Mr. Steamer?
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2005 at 2:59pm
Piss in the wind??? well it all depends on how bad I need to piss
www.mr-steamer.com
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2005 at 7:05pm
I only do it if I don't need to wear my cape that day or not.
 Post Reply Post Reply