Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

OP Cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 30>
Author
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 9:45am

As deep as HWE, that is for sure, on many carpets deeper.

We have been brainwashed into believing because a lot of water is used that the carpet is rinsed or CLEANED way down deep. Well what is deep cleaning? Deep cleaning is cleaning deep enough the customer never see what dirt is left.

Some with think this bogus, but time after time we have tested this, no matter how well you clean, I can come back and get more, then you more than me more and so forth.

We were in Atlanta at a TM manufacturers place, he had been cleaning on an 8' x 4' piece of carpet for a couple of hours, demoing the machine. We went over this OVER CLEANED carpet with a pad and it was quite dirty, the TM manufacturer was amazed, I told him, now you do some more, he got more, then me and I got more soil. People what we clean is gravity fed, anyone thinking THEY are truly getting all the soil out is sadly mistaken no matter HOW much they WISH they got it all out, to think so is simply lying to yourself.

So again, how deep is deep?

I will go toe to toe with a TM anyday, period.

Mister Steamer, yes there is a stair tool, it is a smaller oscillating machine, and will impress you with the way it cleans up the bulledge of the stair!

NightRider, side by sides are great, but the fun is when you then switch sides and clean each others work, HWE guys are sick when they see how much was left in the carpet THEY THOUGHT was clean. Question is: Where did the dirt come from? The Top or the Bottom?????

One of the main reasons many get this system is because you can eliminate wickbacks with it... there again, do you think they are eliminated beucase you don't get the carpet wet or because you get the elements causing the wickbacks out?

Edited by PadMan
Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
Sponsored Links

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 12:30pm

It's because you're not getting it very wet.

Wicbacks are operator error.

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 5:08pm

Most HWE guys know the HAVE to say that, wicking is not stopped by VLM cleaning because it is low moisture, it stops it because you can remove what is causing it.

The pictures below are examples of carpets that had been HWE'd but wicked back, we STOPPED it permanently.

Edited by kkForumAdmin
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 5:24pm

PadMan are you married......I think I'm falling in love..........good work......I think we can all agree.

NIGHTRIDER

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2004 at 8:51am

Padman was there underpading under that carpet?????I could do the same job with a little brown out and my bonnet machine....

you know if that's underpaded thats all still there...right???

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2004 at 10:01am

YOu could? How would you know that? Others had tried, but failed, and NO you wouldn't have gotten that out with a rotary and brownout, not a chance.

Yes there was padding, but WHAT are you saying is under the pad? Dried rusty water? So what does that have to do with removing the stain and keeping it from wicking? NOTHING goes down to the padding and cleans.

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2004 at 11:09am

Padman maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks.  I have seen many pad jobs that totally amazed me, but I still had the doubt in my mind as were did the dirt go.  I now understand a little better as I read.

You use some times up to 100 pads on a job.  When we sell a pad machine in Toronto most customers purchase one pad. Not exactly true, Lee bought many. Its a no brainier why did I not figure it out.  If you use enough Toilet Paper you get the job done properly and comfortably.

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2004 at 4:38pm

LOL, exactly Senor Carpetologist, what type pad machine and pads do you sell?

Mot of the time, 50 pads in the truck will do you all day, but our TOUGHEST job was the government building, 5 men 8-9 hours each and we used a total of like 320 pads for the day. But that was the worst case scenario.

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2004 at 5:02pm

Ted, you are now totally confusing me , you sold me a big freakin truckmount with all the bells and whistles, when i could have just bought toilet paper to clean carpets.........what a rip off.

send me 200 cases of toilet paper

NIGHTRIDER

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2004 at 5:29pm

Padman

We sell a basic carpet & floor polisher called Centaur. You can see it on my site. For oscillating equipment we sell Oreck. The Bonnets we sell not pads are the thick type with the green astro-turf across them.

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2004 at 9:03pm

I'm almost sold on OP not....lol you could use a million pads.....I only have 10...so that my problem...ok now I'm sold

just keep wipin...and wipin and wipin....hhhmmmm interesting...same idea with bonnet pads??????sounds like alot of work...Ted I need more pads...

Padman how much rpm do I need to run....I have a couple of floor machines here..I'll get one rewound

SOLD

Edited by MR. STEAMER
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2004 at 2:50am

I STILL say wickbacks are operator error.

I had 1 wickback last year and it was cuz I got lazy.

Oh but that's right.

Padman was the ONLY cleaner in town who could keep the carpet from wicking with his amazing rag spinner.

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2004 at 8:28am

I agree with OPERATOR error, which of course is the cause for MOST prpblems.

Your rotary runs either 175 or if it is a high speed 300 rpm, the OP machine runs at 1725 rpm, but that is OPM orbits per minute, the acutal pad turns slowly.

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2004 at 3:35pm

I want to see your machine...1700 RPM's is real high...you could burn up the carpet.....how many sq ft can you do with one pad padman???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 30>