Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Has this happened to you..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has this happened to you..
    Posted: 24/January/2005 at 9:24pm

Hey this might be doug this guys works up in GodUrich..lol

When you gotta go….

Nice job here today!  Empty house!  Love empty houses!  Fast money, better results, and your back lives to see another day.  Dum deed um clean clean clean… The owners had left me to it so I should get this done in no time.  That is, if I didn’t have to go.  I mean GO, and not the quick easy one either, the other that’s right you know.. number two.

Carpet cleaners pretty much train themselves to work all day without taking any bathroom breaks but today wasn’t the case.  I don’t know if it was the morning coffee and chili dog I had for my 6 am breakfast or what but things were getting desparate.  I couldn’t possibly do this in the customers bathroom but….  I had to.  Besides nobody was home, I’ll be in and out and then I can concentrate on the carpet instead of the pain in my bowels.  Dropping the wand with the machine running I bolted for the bathroom, leaving nice footprints across the freshly cleaned and groomed carpet. Didn’t care, gotta go.

Without going into any more detail, I finished my business and felt much better.  Ready to put in some quality work now without that burden.  I hit the handle to flush the toilet.  Ka-Fwooosh! Blub blub….blub…  Oh god…   Its plugged!  Now what?  I looked around for a plunger.. nope.. no plunger.  I waited a minute then flushed again.  ITS OVERFLOWING!! NOOOOOO!!!!!    Bounding down the stairs I did the only thing I could do!  And would later regret very deeply!  But what could I do?  I cant leave “that” in the customers bathroom.  I can see it now,  “oooh what lovely clean carpets!  And.. Eeeek!!”     Pulling the hose up the stairs and into the bathroom I “extracted” what needed done.  Cleaning the floor and having to stick the hose directly into the toilet to unplug it.  Now my burden was going to ride with me in the van sitting in the waste tank and its “aroma” everywhere in the van and on the hoses.  Oh god.  I disinfected and deodorized the hoses but to not much avail.  This was something only time, a good waste dump and a lot of deodorizing and disinfectant was going to heal…  On to another day

www.mr-steamer.com
Sponsored Links

Lisa Smith View Drop Down
Cute Buns
Cute Buns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/January/2005 at 10:57pm

Oh man! No, that's never happened to me. But I've never had a problem with using the custy's bathroom. I just ask. If they're not home I use it. They really don't care if you use their bathroom guys, just don't make a mess.

Take care,

Lisa

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/January/2005 at 7:40am
Only in the GTA where you need a security gard to watch the terrorist cleaning you carpet, oh sorry carpet cleaner and his interpeter who until yesterday had never seen indoor plumbing.Guitar
Just My opinion
terry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/January/2005 at 9:29am
dat
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/January/2005 at 11:12am
Yep!Confused
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/January/2005 at 1:17pm
I guess while you can charge for a sewer backup???Guitar
Just My opinion
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/January/2005 at 2:13pm
how to create your own flood job
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/January/2005 at 2:44pm
Make work work project. Quick $100,000.00 in the GTA??????Guitar
Just My opinion
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/January/2005 at 8:35pm

Doug I have a lot of people asking me what they should charge for flood work for their customer who just wants them to take care of the job.

What would be a realistic charge? Basically!!!

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/January/2005 at 9:11pm
ADWA:  After hours we charge $125.00 for the call.  No service charge during regular hours.  We also charge $0.41 a sq. ft. for water extraction with the truck.  Your customers have to realize once they start the job they are responsible for the end result .  They need a autorization signed and also need to explain what the end result will be regarding mold etc. If the job is not completed properly, so get them to also sign that you explaind thier rights and your customer is off the hook. ADWA we use a program for the most part when it comes to water. We invoice the same weather it is insurance or private.Guitar
Just My opinion
terry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/January/2005 at 9:27pm
Doug how do you charge if there's 2 or 3 '' of water in the basement with carpet and pad?
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/January/2005 at 10:14pm
I charge to remove the standing water. Then the water extraction.  To remove pad I charge by the sq. ft. to remove carpet again unit measurement same with content manipulation.  Every job is different.  Two to three inches is not alot of water but we charge to remove it separately.Guitar
Just My opinion
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/January/2005 at 11:21pm

makes sense doug.....

how much does it cost to rent a pump for the day??? maybe 100 bucks or 150???

www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/January/2005 at 7:10am

When you are working in a private job you have to cover all bases to try and make a buck.Guitar

Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>