Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Scotchgard and Teflon Fabric Protection
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Upholstery cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americancarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upholstery cleaning
    Posted: 21/March/2004 at 11:24am

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the best thing to use for upholstery cleaning?

Sponsored Links

WESTDEVIL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTDEVIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/May/2004 at 1:45am

What happened with this topic ? It is an interesting question I would like to see the suggestions too.

Westdevil
keben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/November/2005 at 1:46am
I use Esteam upolstery prespray,or Esteam natural fibre prespray depending on the fabric.
K & S Cleaning and Restoration Services Westbank BC   
Americancarpet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americancarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/November/2005 at 12:00pm

What happened with this topic ? It is an interesting question I would like to see the suggestions to.

I've found that you can't ask serious cleaning questions in here anymore without it bcoming a bickering match between Mr. STeamer and his buddies. I asked a question over a month ago and never got a serious answer. However....Mr. STeamer and his buddies are still sharing pop shots on that same thread. No offense to them...I know it's jovial.

Home of the FIX PRIXING carpet cleaning!
keben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/November/2005 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Americancarpet Americancarpet wrote:

What happened with this topic ? It is an interesting question I would like to see the suggestions to.

I've found that you can't ask serious cleaning questions in here anymore without it bcoming a bickering match between Mr. STeamer and his buddies. I asked a question over a month ago and never got a serious answer. However....Mr. STeamer and his buddies are still sharing pop shots on that same thread. No offense to them...I know it's jovial.

Look above i answered your question.

Americancarpet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americancarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/November/2005 at 7:32pm
Thanks but there has to be more than one person out there who has serious imput on this?
Home of the FIX PRIXING carpet cleaning!
keben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/November/2005 at 8:33pm

Originally posted by Americancarpet Americancarpet wrote:

Thanks but there has to be more than one person out there who has serious imput on this?

Well some cleaners are afraid to tackle upolstery.

Advantage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Advantage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/November/2005 at 10:33pm

Maybe its that upholstery is not a simple quick subject. 

I use about as many different ways to clean upholstery as there are couches.

Different chemicals for different fabrics, different tools for different fabrics.

It's just different.

I always lay down a canvas tarp under the furniture, I always use an air mover, I use the mildest chemical I can to get the job done with the least amount of water.

Any help?

CCT, UFT, OCT, CRT, RRT, WRT, SMT, FSRT, JTC, JSR, JWR, MTC a great life, if you don't weaken.

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2005 at 11:12pm

Americancarpet,

I like using ECOgent as it is very safe and non-toxic. If I need a beef-up I use Carpet Crystal. It is much like ECOgent but with a Hydrogen Peroxide kicker.

Don't be afraid of using and oxidizing agent like Hydrogen Peroxide especially on whiter colors. It can be the magic potion you have been looking for.

If you don't own a Stealth Dry Tool for upholstery you don't know what you have been missing. This tool guarantees not to over-spray or over-wet and allows you to see what's going and when to move on with your strokes.

I just don't understand in this day and age with Dry Tool Technology why some carpet cleaners are still afraid to clean upholstery. It's a snap and very profitable.

patriciakinney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patriciakinney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/July/2008 at 6:06am
Q:Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the best thing to use for upholstery cleaning?

Well, I would definitely recommend green cleaning products, that do not contain harsh chemicals.
Pat
 Post Reply Post Reply