Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Advice on the Genesis and Steamway Legacy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vikingfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice on the Genesis and Steamway Legacy
    Posted: 27/October/2005 at 8:39pm
I'm going to be buying a TM very soon, and I was wondering what you old heads recommend as far as makes.  I know the steam way isn't really that reliable but I can spin a wrench if i have to I don't want to but I can.  How is the power clean Genesis NXT 59 (HP) as far as reliability and cleaning??  Any advice would be appreciated for this newbie  Thanks and GOD bless also I would like to ask you guys and girls if you ever came across any web sites that teach you or had any good practical information on cleaning carpets.  Again thanks and GOD bless,please respond I HAVE TO FEED MY KIDS
Sponsored Links

spruce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2005 at 12:14am
I like my Hydramaster PTO
A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2005 at 1:11am

plenty of happy Powerclean owners

even more aggrevated Steamway owners

I thought the same way about spinning a wrench (I owned a brand new Powermatic) but when it becomes a weekly event or more you will feel different

every day down is hundreds of dollars lost and I have enough to do without wrenching

simply will NEVER even consider another steamway.......good company..........piss poor machines

when it works properly sure...........great cleaning machine.....but it WILL become a rare occassion that it runs properly IMO

A.K.A.
Andy
Ms Lisa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2005 at 12:50pm

Why are you buying new? Is it for the financing or are you more concerned with reliability? If you can swing the cash outlay, I'd look for a good used (not used up) unit. It's nice to not have a TM payment on your shoulders when you are getting started.

Stay away from SW's, and other over-engineered machines. Look for something with a 4005 blower or larger, and ask if you can take it to your local mechanic (auto and TM) to have it checked out before you lay out the bucks.

If you are dead set on new, I would check out the Masterblend El Diablo, depending on where you are at, WHOLE LOT OF PERFORMANCE FOR THE BUCK! The kunkle valve kicks the performance WAY into another level.

http://www.masterblend.net/info/diablo.cfm

Other good units would be Duane Oxley's

http://acceleratedcleaning.com/PredatorUnleashedII.htm

You can also find some great priced, high performing, electronic TM's Terje Brevik makes a mean unit, as does Bob Savage. I've played with both of these electric monsters and they can perform right along with a gas powered unit.

Take care and good luck!

Lisa

bbf78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbf78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2005 at 6:58pm

Ms. Lisa,

The El Diablo you mentioned has my attention. You stated "depending on where you are at" is this because of distribution, or is the unit not suited for different types of climates?

I like the Honda powerplant. I know they are tough as nails, and they do good in the heat, do you know of anyone else ruuning one in Az?

I also like the Cat pump, and the Roots blower both very good names.

I was leaning heavily toward the Genesis 59nXT-HP, but this El Diablo has me curious. The one thing I did not like about most other small units is the engine, but I am a Honda fan.

Wondering what I would be missing out on, going with the smaller unit. I plan on residential work, 1500 to 3000 sq. ft. houses, one man show. Would this machine do me as much justice?

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2005 at 3:25pm

I'd rather have a Kohler for a TM ...........they've proven to be better in this application

I personally don't like direct coupled machines (last one I had was a nightmare)

secondary fuels for a TM are a P.I.T.A.

but they are HOT

The Diablo would be fine for residential and small to medium sized commercial work IMO

"Would this machine do me as much justice?"

simply put no

I will always have a tough time believing a 45 is adequate for dual wanding (I've tried it........it was a joke)

but for 1 wand a #4 blower is great

A.K.A.
Andy
bbf78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbf78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2005 at 5:40pm

Steaminpile, thanks for the reply, good info.

Do you have any Powerclean exp.? If so what do you have to say positive, or negative. Thanks again, Mike

Post Reply Post Reply