Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Yellow Page Extortion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2007 at 5:59pm
And impulse purchasers that can be lucrative but they are few and far between.
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC
Sponsored Links

cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2007 at 6:01pm
Not enough to cover the cost of your ad

The STD Meter
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2007 at 6:08pm
I agree.
rah67123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rah67123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/July/2007 at 10:21am
Well I'm not going to argue with you because it sounds like you've got this marketing thing down to a science.  Thats one reason that I dont like to post very often is because usually someone wants to argue with you on this board.  Hey!  my wife would love this.  I'm not trying to sell you something, I'm not Ken Harris, I was just trying to point out some basic things.
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/July/2007 at 11:34am
You will find most cleaners feel YP is a rip off and that is not an exageration. It is hard to call something on one hand a rip off or overpriced and on the other had a value.

They quit making real estate books for the realtors and they will eventually quit making phone books too for the very same reason. Web based advertising for me is far more effective and a good value.   

Ever noticed how big the ads are in a phone book for marketing and advertising agencies???????

Edited by pilediver - 14/July/2007 at 8:34pm
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/July/2007 at 4:22pm
What I can't believe this topic is almost over a year old.

I have a one liner in the yellowpages this year... Like I said last year go big or go home...LOL

not one call from the YP..

I have a friend that pays 200 bucks a month for a small ad...books at least 1 call a week...go figure
www.mr-steamer.com
rah67123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rah67123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/July/2007 at 9:32pm

I believe that the yellow pages will give you a better return on your investment than any other type of advertising if it is done right.  The next best is newspaper but talk about extortion, its shelf life is one day and then it ends up on the bottom of a bird cage.  I just wish that I had the time to go out and talk to businesses like restaurants and hotels.  Do any of you do this and/or telemarketing? 

pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/July/2007 at 9:51pm
YP if done right costs about 2500 a month in my market - along with the other 6 companies who have also done it right - NO THANKS!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123