Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Another newbie in SACTO

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RotoClean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another newbie in SACTO
    Posted: 28/September/2006 at 1:45pm
Greetings ...

And hello from W Sacramento, CA.  My name is Rick and I recently started my carpet and air-duct cleaning business and call it RotoClean.  I chose RotoClean as I use the RotoVac for carpets, and just acquired the RotoBrush for air-ducts.  I decided the latter because several customers were asking me if I cleaned air-ducts.  It's a great add-on, not to mention money maker.  BTW, all this is a culture shock coming from formerly owning a sign shop to carpet cleaning!  Confused

I'm learning all I can and already have my first IICRC cert: the CCT.  I came across this board doing a search for carpet cleaning flyers as I am my own worst graphic designer (hint)!  After reading several topics, I decided I could use the vast knowledge of newbies and veterans alike.  So here I am.

And I'll be back often!

~Rick @ RotoClean

Sponsored Links

Ninja-wand View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninja-wand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2006 at 5:11pm
Welcome!!
I'll make you TAP OUT!!!
RotoClean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RotoClean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/October/2006 at 6:10pm
Thank You!  And glad to be here.  Already getting helpful responses to my posts.
Richard Bonilla
RotoClean
W Sacramento CA 95691

www.rotoclean.net

Setting the standard.
rah67123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rah67123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/October/2006 at 9:52pm
Hi Rick!  I'm also Rick and I've been doing duct cleaning and am adding on carpet cleaning.  If you need any info on duct cleaning just let me know, I know a little. I purchased a small truck mount for carpet cleaning but I'm not going to start until the beginning of 07, that will give me time to learn more and thats when our Verizon Yellow Pages comes out here in Charleston, WV. 
zachspa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zachspa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2006 at 10:25pm
Rick,

I checked out your website...very nice! I have been considering starting a carpet cleaning business. I have looked into dry extraction, wet extraction and also chem dry. They all claim to be the best of course. What made you decide on the rotovac method and did you ever consider any of the other methods. Also, have you ever considered offering more than one type of carpet cleaing method for your customers?

Thanks,
Ron

RotoClean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RotoClean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2006 at 1:30pm

Hi Ron ...

And sorry for the delayed response. My ISP has been more down than up and become totally unreliable.

Thanks for the kudos on my website. Check it back out. The video is finally up for the RotoBrush.

I decided on the RotoVac because of the performance results. Because I'm new at all of this, practice was done on the carpets of family and friends; including my own. When used as instructed with the proper techniques, it can be an eye pleaser. The WOW factor and referrals do the equipment justice. And to answer your question on different extraction methods, I went with what was recommended by the IICRC. It just made sense to me at the time.

All my equipment at this time is portable and going where truck mounts can't go, high rise apartments and condos, etc. BUT, there are a lot of times I wish I had one! I'm hoping to acquire one next year after I've learned everything I can.

In the meantime, read and read some more. Do your research on equipment, chemicals, techniques, marketing methods, etc., and how it all comes together. This forum is one of the best information resources available.

Since June when I first started, I've become certified (CCT & UFT) and working my way through the carpet fiber jungle. Good Luck!

Rick
Richard Bonilla
RotoClean
W Sacramento CA 95691

www.rotoclean.net

Setting the standard.
 Post Reply Post Reply