Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Rewind

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C_H_E_C_K_E_R_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rewind
    Posted: 30/November/2006 at 9:11pm
Hi, after a time off and working as a roofer, i made a choice of carpet cleaning to make a living. I have a 30 gallon portable walk behind for some commercial accounts and a used 2000 Vortex for residential and restaurants. Before you all jump on me I only paid $ 7000 for the Vortex, Truck needed engine repairs and bodywork. I think i made a good purchase, the repairs cost me 5,000 plus my labour, took me 5 months to complete and ready for the spring season, by the way I'm Charlie

Edited by C_H_E_C_K_E_R_S - 30/November/2006 at 9:12pm
Sponsored Links

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2006 at 1:22pm
Sounds like you will do fine in the biz once you get the marketing down.

I am curious about one thing though. A Vortex is susposed to be good for 10 years of cleaning before needing any major repairs? The motor in that 2000 model must have been a lemon cause 6 years sounds way to short for trouble. great deal for you though.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
C_H_E_C_K_E_R_S View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C_H_E_C_K_E_R_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/December/2006 at 3:57pm
when you don't check oil and other fluids, all kinds of things happen
Sonny BonoHo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonny BonoHo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/December/2006 at 1:49pm
ive wondered about those vortex units ? how are they in operation?
Refuse 2 Fail
*Disclaimer Disclaimer* All of my comments are worthless and may lack spelling, punctuation, and detail.
C_H_E_C_K_E_R_S View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C_H_E_C_K_E_R_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/December/2006 at 6:57pm

I haven't worked too much with the unit since the overhaul but i can tell you it has way too much power unless you are running 3 or more wands, customers don't really care what you show up with as long as the carpet gets cleaned, most custys i show this unit to are not impressed if i showed up with a garbage truck and a porty with a long hose it would be the same thing

Post Reply Post Reply