Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Supplement Winter work?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 814jeffw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Supplement Winter work?
    Posted: 15/June/2007 at 6:01am
Hello, my name is Jeff and I have been in the house washing and roof cleaning business for ten years now. For the last couple of years I have been kicking around the idea of of supplement work in the carpet cleaning area (Central Pa). Came across a turnkey set-up for what seems to be a reasonable price. 1989 Dodge extended van fully rigged with a Bane-Clene system. They want $1800 for everything. Seemed decent to me for basically a turnkey set-up, even if a few things are needed to be complete. Comes with, what they say is a years worth of chemicals, ( I guess that would depend how much work they did in a year). But my main question is this, is Winter work something carpet cleaners do, or are they more seasonal, like my current work? I figured if I bought it now that would give me lots of time to do some free work for friends and relatives, (AKA as guinea pigs). Would be appreciative  of any input.

Jeff
Jeff Wible
Raystown Pressure Washing
Sponsored Links

Jeff Van Buren View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Van Buren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/June/2007 at 6:56am
    Just curious if i'm reading correctly $1800.00 ? or $18000.00 is this the dual purpose portable and truckmount? Sounds like a good investment at $1800.00 would like to hear addtional, if $1800.00 is the price why so cheap? I would suggest having the system checked out by service shop. How many man hours on unit? Service logs?
814jeffw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 814jeffw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/June/2007 at 1:47pm
Thanks for the response, and yes it is $1800.00. Pictures look good. They say it is functioning properly and will be glad to let me see it operate. Says the transmission is slipping in the van but my main interest was the equipment, as I have other work van I could use. Actually the van it comes with looks really good and may be worth getting transmission replaced. Irrelevant really though. Enough Winter work for part time?

Jeff
Jeff Wible
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Van Buren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/June/2007 at 2:19pm
    Not sure where your located state wise. I stayed fairly busy using portable because most don't want doors open in the winter. Line up commercial work because after X-Mas business will slow down residentially speaking.
814jeffw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 814jeffw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/June/2007 at 3:08pm
Thanks for the quick response once again. And will take note of what you've said.  Kinda what these owners said about the commercial work and Winter. I don't need living money, just something for a little extra and also to keep busy. I think the work I've done for people through my other business would really be an asset to something like this, as they would be familiar with me and the quality of work I do.

Jeff
Jeff Wible
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Van Buren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/June/2007 at 3:37pm
    Jeff here is a nice tie in with Carpet Cleaning, wood and laminate floor restoring check out lamanatorplus.com tell them I sent you, you can do at anywheres from .50-.95 sf, also tie in some upholstery cleaning you may want to take a class on upholstery main things to remember don't overwet, use nuetral PH, dry asap, don't over scrub Best of luck

Edited by Jeff Van Buren - 15/June/2007 at 3:37pm
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/October/2007 at 12:16am
Well.. Didya buy the Bane?
 Post Reply Post Reply