Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Tile and Grout and Hard Surface Floor Cleaning Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Floating floor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rotti123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Floating floor
    Posted: 09/June/2004 at 11:55am
 I was pricing a job today that has floating floor (looks like hardwood) in a very large office space.  The floor really looked bad,  and I'm thinking that just moping it with a neutral cleaner is not going to make it look much better.  Is there anything that is made just for cleaning floating floor?
Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/June/2004 at 4:23pm
do you mean laminate?????
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/June/2004 at 1:52pm
If it's laminate good luck...becarefull
Rotti123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rotti123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/June/2004 at 6:40pm
 Yes I suppose it is Laminate.  There must be a way to safely clean it. 
surroundings View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/June/2004 at 5:23am
Well, this topic  is one I've had some trouble with myselff, so I went to the source, not the place that sold it, but the manufacturer's distributor's head office.  They didn't really know, but what they DID do, is send me about 5 square metres at THEIR cost (both material AND shipping).  I experimented.  The RX-20 attatchment scratched the heck out of it.  I don't have a gekko or anything like that. I shoulda kept some & tried out a tool that works without the scrubbing. I've done our vinyl at home, and it came up quite nice though.

I suppose it's like asking a customer for a sample floor tile before you get too involved with the product/ method you're using.

Good luck,

Allen
Advantage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Advantage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/May/2005 at 11:39pm
Laminate flooring is basically aluminum silicate/paper/press board.  Once the aluminum silicate top layer is damaged its done.  About the only cleaning you can do when it is in good shape is damp mopping, lightly on the damp by the way.  Don't let their problem become yours.
CCT, UFT, OCT, CRT, RRT, WRT, SMT, FSRT, JTC, JSR, JWR, MTC a great life, if you don't weaken.

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/May/2005 at 11:50am
Can't make much money cleaning this stuff.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
EmpireMike View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmpireMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2006 at 1:27am

more hassle then its worth

Post Reply Post Reply