Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Need some help with my carpet business!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtotheGame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need some help with my carpet business!
    Posted: 10/June/2004 at 10:15pm

I am just starting out I have all of the major equipment but I need a Hydroforce and I would like to know where I can find cleaning supplies and chemicals for cheap.

Where can I get these items for cheap?

Just starting my own Carpet Cleaning Business *need help*
Sponsored Links

Luckylady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckylady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/July/2004 at 2:13pm

Hi,

I'm just researching this new business opportunity and getting ready to purchase my equipment. I want a reliable carpet cleaning machine that will fit in my volvo wagon for transporting from location to location. I see alot of ads in the yellow pages and I'm wondering if I am making the right decision by opening a carpet cleaning business.

Any input in welcomed

ladyluck

Lady Luck Carpet Cleaning
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/July/2004 at 4:09pm

If you look on our web you will be introduced to a multitude of cleaning equipment from large, small and used. Buying this equipment and having a distributor train you is the easy part. 

What you have to have going for you is How to Get the Business. This is generally the most difficult for many.  If you don't like people and maybe shy or find it difficult to suggest or sell, then do not go into this business on your own. You could also wholesale for a while until you feel more comfortable with the getting the business part.

If you are close to Toronto come see us, if not let us know where you are and let us make a suggestion to who may be able to help you in your area.  People will have you clean for them if they like you. As far as competitors if you out clean them, out dress them, out smile them, show up on time, you will have it made with these simple attributes you will already be 90% ahead of most.

surroundings View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surroundings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/July/2004 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Luckylady Luckylady wrote:

Hi,

I'm just researching this new business opportunity and getting ready to purchase my equipment.

(text snipped)

I see alot of ads in the yellow pages and I'm wondering if I am making the right decision by opening a carpet cleaning business.

Hello!  Good luck starting your new business.  We've found it to be fun and rewarding.  There are 20 pages of carpet cleaners in the main directory here.  10 of those pages are FULL PAGE ads (5 in colour).  It was daunting at first.

We realized that we couldn't just place an ad and have business come pouring in. If you like the industry, and you've researched the market, and you're willing to work, you should be fine.

Align yourself with another carpet cleaner, or a good distributor that is willing to help as a business mentor.  Heck, find both if you can.

Have fun,

Allen
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/July/2004 at 9:01pm

Hi LuckyLady

Welcome to our forum. I am assuming by your name that you are a women and of course the type of cleaning machine will depend on what you are capable of lugging around.

I think a women in the industry could do a great job and be very successful.  I would suggest the E-600 steam cleaning on this site. Go to the home page and click onto portables, you will find it there.

This portable has a 6 gal. capacity with a 100psi pump. It also has a good vacuum lift which is also an important attribute when looking at equipment.   I wish you Luck!!!

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/August/2004 at 10:01pm
Lady... where are you..put up some post ... we neeeeeeeeed to read something new
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2004 at 11:08pm

Just my luck not to have another women in this forum.

I guess Lucky Lady wasn't so lucky after all.

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2004 at 11:41pm
I meant you too of course Adwa..
OCC Boss View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCC Boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2004 at 5:38pm
Where are you in the US? Florida will be a busy spot this week?
H8 DIRT
 Post Reply Post Reply