Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Nice Site

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aplus628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nice Site
    Posted: 17/January/2008 at 10:36pm
Stumbled upon your site by accident. Very well put together. Big%20smile
I own A+ Carpet Sales & Installation
I also do Carpet Cleaning but I am just getting into that aspect of the business
If anyone else is from the Philly area hit me up. Wink

Sponsored Links

ssharpe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssharpe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/January/2008 at 11:48pm
Hey How are you? My name is Scott. I live near harrisburg, and I am in the process of starting up my own carpet cleaning business. Any Tips on where to start...My dad own a business many of years ago and I am now looking into it. I pretty much am starting at ground zero. How long have you been in business and do you like it?
Aplus628 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aplus628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/January/2008 at 12:47am
Hey scott,
            Good to hear from you. I do more carpet installing then cleaning but the main reason I got into it was because I was raising 2 kids by myself & this gave me the flexability. I've been doing this for about 5 yrs, my own business for around 3 yrs & i'm probibly making around $80,000 a yr. The 1st thing I did was got business cards (vistaprint.com) printed up & put a add in the local paper. Allthough I probobly only get maybe 3-4 calls a mo. I get back to people quick, I'm reasonable & do quality work. Each satisfied customer will turn & pass your name onto 3-4 friends. 90% of my business now is from refferals but I still put my name out there wherever I can. Myspace, craigslist, messageboards, yellowbook, etc. Before I do something I try to study what other people do & take in what I feel is useful.
          My son is out in York & I have a buddy from Harrisburg. Got some snow yesterday?
ssharpe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssharpe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/January/2008 at 10:39pm
Thanks for the response, Yea i'm putting my ad in the paper next week. I'm looking at truck mounts also this week. I thought i found one, but it sold before i got a chance to look at it. Thats the main thing i guess i need to really look at before i buy. I have about $11,000 to play with. But, I know that i have to be careful on what i buy. What is it that you use or should i say what has worked for you? My other question is, How do you do you bidding?? I know i have alot of questions..lol Thanks for all you advice...
Aplus628 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aplus628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/January/2008 at 11:20pm
Yeah, that's a nice investment. Check the machine out on a job, get any service receipts & talk to some of the other guys on here who have been in the cleaning aspect of the business longer. What do you mean by bidding, like pricing out a job?
 Post Reply Post Reply