Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Desperately seeking advice on advertising

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Desperately seeking advice on advertising
    Posted: 26/January/2008 at 12:22am
UnhappyHello my name is Keith,I am new to this forum.About a year ago I started my own carpet cleaning bussiness.I am finding out the hard way how expensive advertising is.I placed an ad in the yellow pages and very poor results.Really just turned into a money pit.What are the best ways to get consistant work?Does internet services such Leads.com or servicemagic really work?Or how about direct mailers such as valpak?I'm really scared to just throw away any more money.If anyone can give input on things they done when they were started out,it would be greatly appreciated.The actual carpet cleaning is second nature to me,finding jobs on a consistant basis is a whole other ball game.Thank you and God bless 
Sponsored Links

Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/January/2008 at 12:24am
I knocked on business doors for two years and followed up
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/January/2008 at 8:24am
There is no way to explain it.  All I can tell you advertising hurts.  Nothing really works now a days.  I do a lot of direct mail, doesn't seem bad, but it's not the greatest.  I'm going to try Can Pages this year...but I doubt it will make much difference.

You got to bleed money until you get enough good custys to help you make a living on just referrals and repeats
www.mr-steamer.com
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/January/2008 at 6:27pm
Keith33...........you are NOT asking a fair question for todays market and consumer. If  I were to ask Mr. Sears or Mr. Robuck how they got started, they would tell me selling socks door to door and having a watch repair shop, then when mixing the two they became Sears Robuck...........sounds easy enough but it can not be done in todays market and consumers buying habits .

Carpet cleaning is a dog eat dog kind of business..............it just boils down to how hungry you are , and what you're willing to do to fill your stomach.
I would start with a marketing course, and get educated............the rest will follow.

Nightrider

Edited by nightrider - 26/January/2008 at 6:28pm
mfeeney13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfeeney13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/January/2008 at 5:33pm
Hey Keith!  I've been running my own carpet cleaning business for almost 4 years and I have tried a lot of things that didn't work.  Val-pak barely broke even each month, and I did it for about a year!  The first phone book I did was great but that has fallen off drastically over the last year.  I find the most consistent means for your money is internet ads.  Also look into google and other search engines to get at the top of the lists when people search.  It costs me about $10 per month and I'm at the top.  It's based on key words.  I also do Yahoo yellow pages and superpages.com.  Also try local flyers and other local newspapers that get sent out once a month.  They are great for the money.  Phone books are WAY too expensive for what you get back.  I hope that helps.
Keith33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/January/2008 at 5:59pm
I appreciate the advice my friend,thank you.
DeepScrub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepScrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2008 at 12:04pm
pound the pavment,sneak into apartment complex's and put your stuff everywhere!! pound the pavement!!
"DO YOUR BEST"
FuzzSucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzSucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2008 at 11:03pm
The best advertising is free advertising.OK

Edited by FuzzSucker - 07/January/2009 at 12:02am
 Post Reply Post Reply