Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Truck mount in a inclosed trailer?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocker12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Truck mount in a inclosed trailer?
    Posted: 09/March/2008 at 2:56pm
Anyone ever do it or do you have one now,I just got my 1st trkmount and need to install it and I am wondering if anyone has any tips for me on the trailer I need to purchase,I am looking at enclosed trailers with a side door so I can mount the machine at the door opening,I have everything set up on my garage floor just the way is is going to sit in the trailer.

Thanks,Doug

Edited by Bocker12 - 09/March/2008 at 7:49pm
Sponsored Links

FuzzSucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzSucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2008 at 8:33pm
I wouldn't put in a trailer.  You get lousy gas mileage and thing takes up a ton of space.  I have never installed a mount in a trailer, but you may want to look into a cheap van instead.  Its a great business write off.  If you have your company logo on it, you can write off every mile you go in it, and the insurance on it.  Either way, good luck.

Edited by FuzzSucker - 06/January/2009 at 11:57pm
JohnandJulie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnandJulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2008 at 3:43pm
I do have a unit in a trailer. I use it with my duct cleaning truck when the client wants both services done in the same day. Mind you, I have 3 other truckmounted units also. My trailer is 6X12, Another 2 feet longer or so would be really nice. 7' wide would be nice too. Email me if you have any questions about my unit.

John
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2008 at 3:56pm
Hi JohnandJulie.. can you post your Rigs in >> Pics of your Rigs/tools..? Most of us have already done this..
bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2008 at 10:37pm
I can see some advantages of a trailer. One of you truck does down, you can just hook up to another truck or if you have to rent one for the day.  Would suck to pull it in the snow though, or if you have to turn around.  
JohnandJulie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnandJulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2008 at 5:26pm
John L., Where is the place to post pictures of my rigs?

Bryan, you definately want brakes on the trailer with the weight of the equipment and water tanks. I've pulled trailers quite a bit and backing up and turning around isn't all that difficult. You learn pretty quickly not to get into too tight a spot.

John
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/March/2008 at 11:24pm
Forum Home page then Click on Carpet Cleaners Hangout and then pics of your Rig/Tools.. Or click the link ..

Edited by John L - 18/March/2008 at 11:26pm
h8z2luze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h8z2luze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2008 at 11:20pm
We have 2 trailers both with truckmounts  My boss doesn't like vans due to the fact if it breaks down your done but as said above if the truck goes down you just grab another truck and go.  The trailer I use is about 8' by 5'  Works great have my machine with a 60G tank and both hose reels in it that leaves room for wands/tools/toolboxes etc... in the back of the truck  I don't think I will ever use a van.  However it is sometimes difficult to navigate in stubborn driveways.  Not really a problem for us though we do almost all commercial work.
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2008 at 3:07am
That's OK for California where it seldom freezes. In our climate it's a little differentShocked

The STD Meter
h8z2luze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h8z2luze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2008 at 7:55pm
Very good point I never thought about that.
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2008 at 11:51pm
We prefer warm vans parked in heated garages when not in useThumbs%20Up

The STD Meter
 Post Reply Post Reply