Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Only asking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubbleberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Only asking
    Posted: 09/March/2008 at 10:17pm
Hi Guys, an Gals

I am just about to hit the streets this coming week, knocking on doors, looking for business.I am hitting all the high end homes in my area, and am a bit nervous.I have the tools, I have a van that looks the part and I have a smart uniform,.I know what I am selling, I just do not know how to sell it..

Have any of you hit the streets this way, what was your approach, did you bring business cards, postcards, flyer's or all 3?

What was your script, once the door was open what did you say?

I really need to get things going,we are just getting buy, and the advertising with money mailer and valpack is not bringing in enough to pay for itself...

I am also looking to buy Howard Partriges how to manual, if anyone wants to sell, and am looking for some a drimaster upholstery tool, if anyone wants to sell?

Thanks for the help guys,

I need it!

its only carpet

www.natradry.com

Sponsored Links

FuzzSucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzSucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2008 at 12:01am
The trick is to be quick about it and keep going.  Dont let 500 or so people saying no, get you down.  Also make it seem that you have been doing "alot" of work in the area and just have some great rates just for them.  Preferably do this to the neighbors after cleaning a house.  Mention truck mounted, mention the name of the neighborhood, make them feel like your just a friendly mofo who is not pressuring them and giving some free information.  Have a few prices ready to spout out and a brochure/business cards.  Finish up with a laugh, a hug, and maybe some
ebay for the drimaster.

Fuzz

Edited by FuzzSucker - 06/January/2009 at 11:27pm
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/April/2008 at 2:32am
That last sentence is real good Fuzz.. RealGood.. LOL
FuzzSucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzSucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/May/2008 at 1:06am
you know that was a good sentence.  I feel good about it.Golfing

Edited by FuzzSucker - 06/January/2009 at 11:26pm
Quality1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quality1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2008 at 8:43am
All true budy ...including the last sentence :-)
Refined View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Refined Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/September/2008 at 8:51pm
I cold prospect for commercial. The "Who cleans your carpets" line works wel, especially if they are really bad. I take one day each week and hit it hard for about 6-8 hours. You can get a ton of business like that, if you have the time.

If you believe it works (hopefully it does) and you understand the process (if you dont, learn it), selling it is the easy part.

For residential, I go wiith cheap paper ads and word of mouth.

If you have a eco friendly method try putting some cards or a flyer at the local food co-op.
-Refined Carpet Cleaning
 Post Reply Post Reply