Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Need Some Chem Help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Aaron R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Some Chem Help
    Posted: 27/March/2008 at 9:49am
Originally posted by kingjoelking kingjoelking wrote:

Originally posted by Aaron R Aaron R wrote:

I can't believe how many of my first time customers say something like "Last guy that cleaned my carpet didn't use any spray", or "What is that stuff your spraying on my carpet, I've never seen that done before" How can these guys "clean" like that and feel good about what they're doing?Head%20Crack

Because they are like used car salesmen. They arn't looking to build a customer base, they are looking to make a quick buck. The more carpets they can clean without having to buy chem's the more money they make. It is a recipe for disaster.

These are the same customers that are shocked when you pre vac and ask you "what is that" when you break out the grandi groomer and groom their carpet.

In my opinion God Bless these Rat Turds. They are the reason your customer found you and they are the reason that it will be so much easier to retain that customer and build residual income where you are not chasing new customers but just servicing repeat customers. Three chears for the turd brains !!!!!

I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately some of these people are apprehensive about having their carpet cleaned after having a bad experience with the "Rat Turds". But when they see how it's supposed to be done and the results of a thorough cleaning it often leads to several referals.Smile
I've actually had customers think my vacuum was the cleaning unitConfused. WTF, did the guy before me use a hoover or bissell?
Sponsored Links

B Rice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B Rice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2008 at 2:00am
It's rotomolded and matches my extractor!
B Rice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B Rice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/March/2008 at 1:59am
The backpack vac does do a great job and custys really think its heavy duty! Can't remember what kind it is?
Aaron R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2008 at 3:55pm
How do you like the backpack vac? Are they very comfortable, and do they do a good job? I use bridgepoints zone perfect prespray and their endzone rinse and have had real good luck with it. I just ordered some Judsons 02 prespray and rinse and will post my results after I give it a shot.
B Rice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B Rice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2008 at 7:44am
Sorry its been a few days but yes I always prespray never have even cleaned without doing it! My partner always says the carpet looks great as well as the custy...I guess I just expect it to look new when were done. Thanks for all the info I sure appriciate it! Also custys ask me to what I'm doing when I prespray...funny along with a bac pak vac and a groomer...yay
kingjoelking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingjoelking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/March/2008 at 2:36am

I can't believe how many of my first time customers say something like "Last guy that cleaned my carpet didn't use any spray", or "What is that stuff your spraying on my carpet, I've never seen that done before" How can these guys "clean" like that and feel good about what they're doing?Head%20Crack

Because they are like used car salesmen. They arn't looking to build a customer base, they are looking to make a quick buck. The more carpets they can clean without having to buy chem's the more money they make. It is a recipe for disaster.

These are the same customers that are shocked when you pre vac and ask you "what is that" when you break out the grandi groomer and groom their carpet.

In my opinion God Bless these Rat Turds. They are the reason your customer found you and they are the reason that it will be so much easier to retain that customer and build residual income where you are not chasing new customers but just servicing repeat customers. Three chears for the turd brains !!!!!
bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/March/2008 at 11:46pm
John which one did you think performed the best.  Was going to try the formula ones next.

Edited by bryan - 23/March/2008 at 11:47pm
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2008 at 10:03pm
Detergents and PreSprays I have used are PowerCleans Bio-Klenz.. Chemeisters MasterExtractor.. Hydramasters Blitz.. Bridgepoints PointBlue.. ChemSpecs EnzAll and PreKleen.. Formula 70..77 and 90..Tridents P-11.. Matrixs Finish First.. Matrixs Wipe Out..  ProChems Dry Slurry.. ProsChoice Extreme Clean.. KleenRites PC3.. Planet Guard Natural Green TLC.. PG's Natural Green Cleaner/Rinse and Cleaner/Degreaser.. Banes PCA Formula 5 and Preface.. And a few others so long ago i cant remember..LOL
bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2008 at 8:11pm
I tried ProChems stuff,  had ok luck with it.  Am always trying new stuff, in the past have also used Bridgepoint, hydramaster, CTI, and now trying out Banes.  So far the best stuff that I have used was Bridgepoints. The filtration lines you are seeing on the edges and under doors are a little harder to get out and will take some time.  There is a product called filter out that works pretty well.  You do have to brush and use a crevice tool though, like I say its going to take some time.  For really bad traffic lanes and very soiled carpet, would use a good emulsifier with the pre-treatment.  Carpet won't be soft when it tries but will be cleaner, then next time do a good acid rinse.  
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2008 at 7:54pm

How can these guys "clean" like that.. Heavy emulsifier in the solution tank or chem jug with chem meter wide open..is how.. you knew that though.. I'm sure your posted response was a figure of speech Aaron..Approve
Aaron R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2008 at 5:10pm
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2008 at 9:34am
I think the lack of pre-spraying gets you those uneven results
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2008 at 3:00pm
I agree. Get it wet with the prespray. Just be sure you rinse thoroughly and get it dry afterwardsBig%20smile

The STD Meter
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/March/2008 at 2:27pm
all chems do about the same job...  just agitate...or use hotter water or more psi...  it's about how much your willing to prep before the actual cleaning that will give you the results in the end.

Putting enough pre-spray is a good start.  Agitating the traffic areas sure does help.  if really really dirty a quick pre-vac will do the trick.  Letting the chemical dwell enough also plays a big part.

I have not ever found a knockout chemical, but if you are willing to do the work with the chemical ANY chemical will do the job.

sorry most cleaners throw the soap in the fresh water tank and just paint that stuff on.  not enough guys take the times to actually clean the carpet.

my rule of thumb if every sq ft of the carpet isn't wet after pre-spraying then the carpet won't come clean.

check your carpet the next time you pre-spray  bet you find tons of dry spots.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>