Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Non Urine Pet Odors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2008 at 3:45am
I meant to type 90%.  I will be bringing room heaters and my fans and use dry bonnets to speed the drying along.

It is the only room in the house that ended up like that and I did 6 rooms there that day.  It is the only one with a doggy door and that is big enough for me to crawl through so these weren't small dogs and from what I understand, there were 3 of them.

And I logged on the aussie board, I will check it out this week.

Thanks again FreshAire.

Edited by duckcountry - 10/November/2008 at 3:48am
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
Sponsored Links

FreshAire View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreshAire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2008 at 4:32am
haha 90%... ooops, slight typo! Figured it might've been. Once again, check what there is under the carpet, if they've used the old carpet as an "Underlay" or at least re-used the original underlay (or pad I think you guys call it?) it could well give you the problem.

Hope to see you on the Aussie board sometime soon as well...
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/November/2008 at 3:34am
I'm heading out in a few hours to tackle the job with the chemicals, extractor, rotovac, bonnets, heaters and fans.  The customer was trying to challenge me today about the source of the odor but I won the argument.  I will have them sign off making this a last ditch effort with a 20% probability of success and told her if it doesn't work they need to take up the carpet, have the subfloor sanded and sealed with a polyurethane sealer and then reinstall the carpet.  If they don't sign it, I don't waste my time on it but I will of course leave my recommendations for them.

Wish me luck! 
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/November/2008 at 4:02pm
Took 3 hours but NO odor and the carpet is close to dry using airmovers and bonnets.  I didn't start until she had signed the proposal outlining the limited chance this would work and what the recommended course of action. 

We will see what happens.  I will call them Monday if I don't hear from them in the meanwhile.

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CARED TO SHARE!

Edited by duckcountry - 15/November/2008 at 4:04pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12