Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines > Rotovac
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Rotovac Felt Seals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvsnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rotovac Felt Seals
    Posted: 16/January/2009 at 4:19pm
I just replaced the felt seals on my Rotovac Powerwand. In the instructions it says to run the machine for at least 10 minutes with the new seals put on. While it's running it smells like the felt is burning (from the friction). Is this supposed to happen? I thought maybe I didn't have the seals on properly, so I took the heads off to check and they are on right.

Sponsored Links

rick007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rick007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/January/2009 at 8:25pm
phone rotovac and ask them.
happy cleaning
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/January/2009 at 8:28pm

on the rx20 you usually soak the seals first???

Just My opinion
luvsnow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvsnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/January/2009 at 8:33pm
I called and the person who could help me wasn't available. So I figured in the meantime someone here might be able to help me. About 2 hours after I called they called me back and told me how to solve the problem. If that happens you just have to use a rubber mallet to hit the metal plate with screws in the center (the "banjo" as they call it) to push it back down, even though the seal is in no way touching that piece.

After hitting the piece down as instructed the burning smell sort of went away. I had a job today at an apartment and could no longer smell the burning smell so I guess hitting that piece did the trick.

Edited by luvsnow - 17/January/2009 at 8:36pm
 Post Reply Post Reply