Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Air Duct Cleaning & Indoor Air Quality Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Duct Cleaning in new homes is a scam.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrueNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2010 at 1:45am

I clean ducts: I went through a moral crysis wondering if it was really worth it to the consumer or not. 

But ultimately this drives me to do the best job possible and use the some of the best equipment availalbe . Now I've been doing it a few years and have had lots of positive feedback:

There are homes where I tell the customer you don't need this done; here's why.  If they tell me to do  it, they will win that discussion.

I have sucked mice out of duct work and have discovered runs that aren't attached. I've fixed furnaces for people and let them know of impending problems (we have a gas detection meter). I'm in there why not make sure its kosher. We clean parts of the furnace that prevents them from failing and having a callout to a plumber which would end up costing them half of what our entire cleaning service does anyway. 

I've been told by customers that before cleaning the ducts a layer of dust would cover the desks every morning or that black dirt would be throughout the house. After cleaning it was all good.  I've found a hole big enough for a cat to come in through the floor of a trailer.

After the ductwork is cleaned I don't tell them 6 months or a year. I tell them to change the filter regulary and you should be good for atleast 5 years maybe even more.

As with anything people will cheat you; but a good duct cleaner will definately benefit the customers who call.

In the end it's not just about Indoor Air Quality, its about keeping your house or office clean, knowing that there isn't anything rotting in your ductwork and inspecting the HVAC system inside out.
Sponsored Links

TrueNorth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrueNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2010 at 2:12am

The service is in high demand and pays about an average $475 for about 60-90 minutes work.

After that, the thousands of dollars per month you can make with this tool is almost like finding FREE money!

-turbotek

My bullsh*t scam detector is going off on this product. 

60-90 minutes?  So you are going to spend 3-5 minutes sticking your hose down each vent in the house and charge $475 for this.  

My guys have to work hard for 4-5 hours to clean a system right.

wheelie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/December/2010 at 6:03am
Definatly not a scam if done properly. I have done two homes that were condemed by the health department over the condition of the ducts. I have never done a house in less than 4 hours. Most take me 5 to 6 hours to do. I am a licenced sheet metal and fitter 2 for gas. Had a licenced sheet metal working helping me a few days that never believed in duct cleaning but he is a firm believer in it now and recommends me for jobs. I do alot of new houses and the furnaces with the new DC motors, slightest dust will ruin a 800 dollar motor. I give reduced rates for new homes. Make my guys go down each vent pipe 3 times. First skipper ball then Air whip, then skipper Ball. Do same in trunks as many times as it needs to get them clean. As for the guy with a bag of dirt, well don't matter what trade you are in you will have some that are dishonest. If you are not going to clean everything in the system including the underside of the a/c coil, well it is not being done properly. See to many companies hooking up and driving off in 1 1/2 hours and I shake my head thinking , man I would be just getting started, They could not have  any better equipment than I have. I have all top of the line Nikkro.
larkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2022 at 5:57am
Mate I think that you have to get your duct cleaning done after every 6 month because it creates so many problems , it creates a disturbance in your water supplies and many other  duct cleanings related problem so i would suggest you to get your duct cleaning done .
larkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2022 at 6:02am
Originally posted by FuzzSucker FuzzSucker wrote:

Its like I tell my customers that are interested in duct cleaning. "The goal is to reduce air born material that can be recycled into your home."
Your not going to be able to eat off of it when I'm done, but you will have less dust in your home and on your furnishings and carpet.
You cant argue with that.
that is the best info so far that i have seen 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12