Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - remove orange soda out of area rug [pics inside]
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

remove orange soda out of area rug [pics inside]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trole4us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: remove orange soda out of area rug [pics inside]
    Posted: 01/June/2009 at 10:08pm
Hi, i have expansive area rug that i need to remove orange soda stain from it.
please help with idea that can help.

this is the soda:

and this is the stain:

the area rug made of hard fibers mabe this is  sisal rug , to be honest i never deal with this type of rug and there is no sticker on the back of it. which makes it more hard for me to tell.

Thanks for any help,
Embarrassed

Edited by trole4us - 01/June/2009 at 10:12pm
Sponsored Links

AnthonyL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnthonyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/June/2009 at 7:05am
i would apply proteen spot and stain remover,  prochem brand,to a towel first then to rug and run a fabric rince through your extraction machine , read lable of acitic rinse ,the small areas use a cotton bud same as before.

AnthonyL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnthonyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/June/2009 at 7:10am

Test a small area first

SimonNewton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonNewton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2010 at 5:31am
A spot from orange juice is not a big deal. It is better than a spot from grapes or blackberry. Try it with wet towel first and then with some kind of chemical product. Don't worry even the rug is expensive. 
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2010 at 4:55pm
Funny PostBang Head
Just My opinion
LArugcleaning View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LArugcleaning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2010 at 9:39pm

Hi,

For carpets, it assumes the carpet can be shampooed at home, and that the carpet is not made of wool. (If the carpet is made of wool do not use ammonia as a stain remover.)
Use some technique for the best result...

jennyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2011 at 4:13pm
Hi,
May be try home made solution made up of 1/4 teaspoon of non bleach detergent (or white vinegar) mixed with 32 ounces of water.  It works best with water soluble stains. Test small area before you try.

duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/October/2011 at 3:54pm
Do not use a wet cleaning method with sisal.  That includes HWE and shampooing.  Use dry cleaning methods only.  By leaving the orange soda on the sisal rug and allowing it soak in you reduced your chances of ever getting the orange stain out.  Orange stains can be handled like red stains.    Get a professional to fix it, this is beyond the skillset of a home owner who has no training and believes that reading the internet prepares them for jobs like carpet cleaning and brain surgery.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
Chicago_carpet_king View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chicago_carpet_king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/December/2011 at 11:20pm
I WOULD RINSE WITH COLD WATER FIRST THEN EXTRACT THEN USE A DYE REMOVER ...OBVIOUSLY TEST SMALL SPOT FIRST
 Post Reply Post Reply