Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Tile and Grout and Hard Surface Floor Cleaning Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Hardwood trend in new and older homes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/May/2004 at 7:35am
Mr Steamer, well, you don't spread yourself to thin if you plan it out right.  You plan to take on x amount of business, and in preparation, you hire as many new employees, buy as much new equipment as you'll need.  The problem most people run into is that the only element of the local market they service becomes saturated so they have to expand the area they work in/are willing to drive or pay someone to drive.  That gets expensive and growth like that is slow because the further away from population centers you get, the more sparse the business/smaller the market.  The idea is to be able to service all elements of the market so expansion can be local, can take place mostly within population centers where business is most dense, and your growth as a company is generaly proportionate across the different services you provide.  I HATE contracting to do one thing somewhere only to get there and see they need a few other things done that I am not able to do.  I could be killing three or four birds with one stone instead of chasing the same one all across the state. 
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12