Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Using SEO for your cleaning business

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disasterseo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2011 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Soil Lint Green Soil Lint Green wrote:

With newspapers dying out, at least 12 major mags hitting the skids this year, focusing on yellow page ads seems to make no sense to me anymore.  The internet is so congested with crap sites that searches generally produce other search pages as the top results.  I hate to say it but it really looks like the internet has been making it harder to do business by killing its competition which at one time provided reliable answers and replacing it with senseless babble. 

What say you to this thought?

I can understand this. I run an internet marketing company and do know there is a lot of garbage sites our there. As we speak, Google is rooting them out and making the search engines a nicer and cleaner place to look. The "quick" but frowned upon methods of SEO are also being rooting our, a lot of them no longer working at all. The industry keeps on moving towards good, honest SEO with approved and smiled upon technique. With that being said, I also relate SEO to being in the phonebooks back in the old days. If you weren't in there, you didn't exist. Now, if you aren't ranking in the search engines, you don't exist. Also, you need to find someone who specializes in marketing to your industry- not just some techno people. A lot of internet marketers, unfortunately, are not the best most honest business people you will find. Don't hire them if you don't get the warm and fuzzy. They probably won't deliver to your needs. You still need real marketing people who specialize in water or mold remediation, or how else are they really going to know how to generate a looker conversion into a phone call? Testament to this is that my company took a water damage restoration client of ours from nothing to 10k in a month and 20k the following month from their online sales. Not bad considering they had zero before. SEO still works, but you need the people who do it right and well and also specialize in your industry. Takes a bit more looking to find that company, but when you do it is worth it. 
Sponsored Links

CDRX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CDRX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2011 at 9:59pm
It does seem that the internet is the future for most advertising.
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2012 at 7:22pm
Got a call from 3052206000, caller ID SEO Exp Marketing.  Found several aliases for them.  The are in Miami, claiming to be in the penthouse and use a Los Angeles address which turns out to be a VIRTUAL office offering mail and phone service.  Their address in New York is also a virtual address for several companies in a variety of fields.  AND they are a former ice company which more that qualifies them for the SEO business, right?  Three spanish names come up as owners, Angie and Armando Martinez as well as a non-related gentleman by the name of Raul Montjo.

A review on yp.com reads "Extremely unprofessional. The only thing they care about is getting your money, once they do you wont hear from them until they are ready to start working on your project. I actually caught them lying to me saying they were link building and doing basic seo. Oh and by the way they charge more than almost every other seo company. You are better off outsourcing your work to India, it will be cheaper and you will get the same results. "

I found complaints on the BBS site that are related to advertising and sales issues, billing and collection issues and service related issues.  Be on alert, they are calling at this time to drum up business.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2012 at 7:26pm
Quote that my company took a water damage restoration client of ours from nothing to 10k in a month and 20k the following month from their online sales.
Are you a one hit wonder or month to month what are his online sales like? What are the relative increase and decrease percentage for November, December, January and February?  I would like to verify these numbers with you client so you will want to provide the client's name and contact info.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
Superior Restoration View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superior Restoration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/November/2012 at 2:26pm
SEO is definitely the way to go nowadays.
mfc6629 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfc6629 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/September/2013 at 7:02pm
Im considering using a seo company called Yodle. Anybody have any experience with these guys as they atre touted as one of the largest in the industry. HELP
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2013 at 6:05pm
I searched some of the sites regarding Yodle.  I guess the only advice I can give is do your homework.  Check this site out.

http://seoperson.net/yodle-reachlocal-yext-reviews/

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
r.morrissey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r.morrissey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/May/2016 at 9:09pm
Just be careful with some SEO companies. Some of them will just blast keywords all over your website which makes it look unnatural and spammy in Google's eyes. That kind of "SEO" will hurt your site in the long run and cause it to loose rankings.

Just getting basic keywords on your site and making it look natural is a great way to starts. I've been doing my own research and implementing it on my business site I'm building up now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234