Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Water Damage and Fire Damage Restoration Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jon Don 3 day WFR course, anyone ever taken it?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Jon Don 3 day WFR course, anyone ever taken it?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaymark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jon Don 3 day WFR course, anyone ever taken it?
    Posted: 23/December/2009 at 3:26pm
Thinking about taking the Jon Don course, 3-Day Water Restoration Technician (WRT).

Anyone ever taken it and what were your thoughts? 

I wonder if it will count to my very impressive certification that all my customers fall over in amazement when I show them.

Jay
I dont predict the future or sell glides, am I allowed on this site?
Sponsored Links

Paul63 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/February/2010 at 12:06pm
I want to take it, I think the certification is very important, Its nice to have that IICRC logo in the yellow pages, my competitors have it and now that I am dedicating full time to my CC business i will be taking some courses. I received my fire & restoration certificate about 10 years ago...time to get back into this.

Besides Water restoration, i want to also take
  • RRT - Carpet Repair & Reinstallation Technician

• CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician

• UFT - Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician

CarpetproKC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarpetproKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/February/2010 at 1:07pm
The only person who should advertise in the Yellowpages is a computer guy who can fix your computer when google wont work. 

jaymark1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaymark1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/February/2010 at 1:36pm
I just passed odor control, and the fire and smoke class.

The water class is in 2 weeks.

Are you a certified firm paul?  If you arnt, and you use the IICRC logo, its against the law aparently, I took mine out because of this.
I dont predict the future or sell glides, am I allowed on this site?
Absolutely Dry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Dry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/February/2010 at 4:25pm
I took WRT at Jon Don.  I don't think you should worry about where the class is as opposed to who the instructor is.  I took the class with Barry Costa.  Best teacher in our industry.  He also teaches RRT.

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/February/2010 at 12:42pm
The certification is not nearly as important as the education??Guitar
Just My opinion
Robert Keefer II View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Keefer II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2010 at 10:31pm
Education is not important. Being knowledgeable is. Just my personal belief. Education teaches a person to remember long enough to pass a test. Knowledge comes from a deeper understanding only obtained by a person with passion and desire to comprehend the fundamental components of what one is trying to understand.

Back on to the point. All courses have their benefits. If you going to take WTR then Barry Costa is your man. Much respect goes out to this man and his style of teaching. 
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/August/2010 at 8:52am
I lkie a man or whatever who speaks out of both sides of their mouth at the sametime? The good thing is they come and they go?Chair Beating
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply