Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Howdy from a newbie looking to learn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CantSeeMyToes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Howdy from a newbie looking to learn
    Posted: 13/September/2010 at 5:58pm
Hello,

I have zero experience in carpet cleaning other than what I have done on my own with products I have bought for home use. I have had interactions with profesionals and varied results with those same profesionals.

I am debating to start my own business as a carpet cleaner. I plan to take training and certification not just as labels but so I can reasure customers that I don't plan to be a fly by night kind of business.  I have solid customer service a sales skills and great work ethics. I think this with the right training and equipment will help me succeed.

I am debating to start with a portable unit and once paid off and saved enough branch into both a portable and a truck mount. I would like to continue to grow until I can take more of a office role and supervise my staff running 7days a week 8-12 hours a day. Those days and hours are after I have been able to leave my current job 9-5 monday to friday.

To start I am looking to do evenings and weekends until I have enough income to warrant leaving my full time job. I will start with the training to see if it is something that interests me enough to make it a career.

What are your thoughts on the industry?
What are average incomes?
Bigger towns with more compettion or smaller towns with less competition?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/September/2010 at 1:10am
What kind of business did you own before this next venture?
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
CantSeeMyToes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CantSeeMyToes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/September/2010 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by duckcountry duckcountry wrote:

What kind of business did you own before this next venture?
I haven't owned my own business for a number of year but when I did it was a yard business. Ie lawn care, windows, and any work I could pick up that my customers didn't want to do themselves.

That was a long time ago and I did pretty good at it. I have since been in IT and done some work on the side including websites and networking. I am looking to leave the IT world and do something I enjoy.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/September/2010 at 10:13pm

Welcome here man. Why cant you see your toes? Crutches

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CantSeeMyToes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2010 at 11:43pm
As I have aged there has been this growth sort of thing that has been getting bigger about mid way down the front of my body. Seems when ever I visit a red head with pigtails or a clown with messed up friends or even a bear afraid of ice it gets bigger.
Indymagic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indymagic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/October/2010 at 10:00pm
OMG this sounds so familiar I have to stay away from those donuts n pepsi product every time I fuel up before,between and after jobs seems like I leave with somethin I dont need. I feel for yaCry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CantSeeMyToes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/October/2010 at 1:12pm
Scary and obvios thing is that since I have not visited those places and switched to diet pop I am staying at the same weight with no increases from what I lost recently. I still eat out just not at those 3 and drink diet pop.

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2010 at 11:27am
Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

Welcome here man. Why cant you see your toes? Crutches

He's joined weight watchers now that he has got it out where he can keep an eye on it?Middle Finger
Just My opinion
NJPSR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJPSR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/November/2010 at 9:10am
Well Mr, can't see my toes, I would start off with
a portable. First it's cheaper and you can see if you
really like the business. Plus, it would sell faster if you
want to get out and you wouldn't loose as much.

Depending on what market your going after will decide
what type of machine to buy. There is HWE, Encapping
Bonnet/ OP, Dry, tile & grout Etc. IMO once you decide
what your market will be go from there.

Too people I would talk to is Larry Cobb from Cobbs
Carpet Supply he has many different machines and
would help you out. Ed Valentine from Cross american
Or John from Mytee corp. Rotovac has some nice packages
also. I hope this helps!
N.J.P. Property Maintenance, "We take care of all your cleaning needs"
 Post Reply Post Reply